BUILDING A DREAM....Dream 2.0

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Noob GREAT looking work buddy. I still can't believe just how clean and "tight" your work is. If you came over to my house I'd lock my tank cabinet so you couldn't see inside of it LOL!

MrReefNoob

Noob GREAT looking work buddy. I still can't believe just how clean and "tight" your work is. If you came over to my house I'd lock my tank cabinet so you couldn't see inside of it LOL!

Thanks a lot Allen :)
Just my effort to keep things organized :)
I'm glad ya like what iv did. Thanks for appreciating it.

Hey iv shown you mine so you gotta show me yours :D
(no pun intended :D)

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I can't let pics of mine get out on the web,if a fire marshal sees my wiring,he'll have mine shut down LOL

Ditto! Plus you gotta remember I have my ATO, ProfiLux, DAP1522 bridge and all my stuff stuck inside the small cabinet under an RSM130D.....

MrReefNoob

KR93SP in action...

Turn up your speakers and enjoy :)

[video=youtube_share;5A2E8bnpWKY]http://youtu.be/5A2E8bnpWKY[/video]

MrReefNoob

Skimmer...
The ATB has dialed in and it has started doing its job :)

DSC00749_zps8250dd6c.jpg

DSC00750_zpse9dc9fcd.jpg

Under LEDs...
DSC00735_zps532378b6.jpg

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Hey Noob... how does the "Neck Cleaner" work? I mean the "crud" it's scrapping from the neck of the skimmer... how does that get into the collection cup and not back down into the tank?

MrReefNoob

Hey Noob... how does the "Neck Cleaner" work? I mean the "crud" it's scrapping from the neck of the skimmer... how does that get into the collection cup and not back down into the tank?

Hi Allen,
What iv noticed is when the cleaning head starts up the foam head recedes and the swabbie cleans up the "crud". It seems to stick onto the swabbie.
After few mins the foam head returns back. The foam production is quite thick at top level it doesnt have enough strength to produce a "wash down" effect on the swabbie. I am wiping off the "crud" from the swabbie every 3rd day. I wouldn't say totally maintainence free...but does keep the cup cleaner for more days than without a cleaning head.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Thanks Noob.. I think my next skimmer will be a Big Boy skimmer like yours to include this feature. What is the red tube going just below the collection cup? Tubing to a "Remote Reservoir" maybe?

MrReefNoob

Thanks Noob.. I think my next skimmer will be a Big Boy skimmer like yours to include this feature. What is the red tube going just below the collection cup? Tubing to a "Remote Reservoir" maybe?

Hi Allen,
Guess having an over sized skimmer always helps in an SPS tank.
The red tubing goes to the waste collector :)

3e168e96.jpg

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Hi Allen,
Guess having an over sized skimmer always helps in an SPS tank.
The red tubing goes to the waste collector :)

3e168e96.jpg

Awesome! That's what I had figured but wanted to make sure. That looks like a VERY nice skimmer system! I'll have to come to you for more details when I go to buy my next one :)

MrReefNoob

Awesome! That's what I had figured but wanted to make sure. That looks like a VERY nice skimmer system! I'll have to come to you for more details when I go to buy my next one :)

Thanks a lot Allen.
The idea here is - "maintenance made easy.... so more time to sit and enjoy your reef" :)
And you are welcome I will share whatever little knowledge I have and help ya make your decision :)
:clink: