Double invader whammy

Choff

Bought a mushroom rock from the LFS that had a couple of kenya trees on it. Figured I could scrape the suckers off the rock, but it looks like I didn't go deep enough into the rock to remove them. Came right back. Wish my other corals grew like those do.

Also just picked up a beauty of a duncan from Divers Den and just now noticed a very small aipitaia growing on the base. Never having done battle with these, I thought I could pull out the duncan and scrape if off too. Wrong. Looks like I need to pick up some AipX etc...

Choff

mmm might trying boiling water on the base of the duncan, no go on the kenya tree rock that would kill the shrooms. Also read lemon juice.

Sailagain

Bought a mushroom rock from the LFS that had a couple of kenya trees on it. Figured I could scrape the suckers off the rock, but it looks like I didn't go deep enough into the rock to remove them. Came right back. Wish my other corals grew like those do.

Also just picked up a beauty of a duncan from Divers Den and just now noticed a very small aipitaia growing on the base. Never having done battle with these, I thought I could pull out the duncan and scrape if off too. Wrong. Looks like I need to pick up some AipX etc...

Divers Den - as in Live Aquaria.com?

ddelozier

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
Ok, here's a suggestion i know will work. Get a 6500k flood light bulb and a clamp on light kit(total cost of both less than 25 at any hardware store). Move the offending rock into a QT and put it under the 6500k bulb. I know from personal experience, it will put out enough to keep the mushrooms alive, but the duncan specifically and the Kenya Tree most likely, wont get enough light and will die. My mushroom frag tank is a 29g lit by 2 of these 6500k bulbs and they love it in there, growing quite rapidly. anything else i put in there starts looking sick after a few days and has to be moved to better light.

Choff

Yes divers den on the duncan. I was shocked.

Shroom was lfs and I saw the kenyas. I thought I could chisel them off the rock b4 I put in the DT. I did, but clearly needed to go deeper. I just dug them out again, we'll see if they come back.

I did the lemon juice thing on the aip. No sign of it so far.

Apex photos tomorrow night. Sorry distracted after Dexter on Sunday and hockey tonight.

Sent using Tapatalk 2

reefer gladness

I just added a few peppermint shrimp to take care of aiptasia. Added 4 of them, 1 turned out to be a homicidal bugger and offed the other 3 and he occasionally kills snails too but I keep him around because he did knock out the aiptasia.