yankieman's 210 gal conversion

Willie McDaries

Well its been awhile since I posted on my tank so with some new additions I thought it was time to show them , the Vertex RX6 DUO Calcium Reactor won at MACNA is all set up and running ,,,

100_2812.jpg

And I had to get a PH controller which is a Milwaukee MC122 pH Controller

100_2813.jpg

and the CO2 tank with regulator and bubble counter

100_2814.jpg

My 3 new AI Sol super blue led fixtures

100_2811.jpg

And with them all hung over the tank along with the one i already had hanging which is about the same color as the AIs I would liked to have got 4 but the budget wouldnt allow it so maybe I can add one or 2 more AIs in the future but for now thats what I got to go with

100_2817.jpg

dude,it's coming together nicely,why do you have the florescent fixtures above your LEDs ?

Awesome set up....and why does it seem like as soon as I get enough money saved for the equipment I want they have come out with something new and twice the price lol. vicious cycle....

Scott,it a conspiracy thing,they're out to clean out all our savings :lol:

yankieman

Awesome set up....and why does it seem like as soon as I get enough money saved for the equipment I want they have come out with something new and twice the price lol. vicious cycle....

LOL I wish I knew , I keep telling my wife everything I need for the tank starts at $400 or at least it seems like,,,

yankieman

Hi Willie and tanks man pun intended LOL my tank started out fresh water and I built the florescent light fixture for it like 17 years ago and even though I also have a light on the ceiling we almost never use it we just turn on the florescent ,, the fish tank room doubles for a sorta kitchen pantry/closet ,so when it came time to hang the halides and now the LEDs i just attached them to the ply wood fixture which is hung by heavy chains ,,,

catran

Yeah- the story of my life!

Florida? Roger, that sounds cool, maybe I can start saving for MACNA now. Where in Florida?

I love reefers...

yankieman

Yeah- the story of my life!

Florida? Roger, that sounds cool, maybe I can start saving for MACNA now. Where in Florida?

I love reefers...

FT Lauderdale Cat ,,- MACNA 2013 check it out I have already started saving lol ,,,would be great if you could make it I am hoping Steve will make it again but it is Labor day weekend a busy weekend for him

redneckgearhead

FT Lauderdale Cat ,,- MACNA 2013 check it out I have already started saving lol ,,,would be great if you could make it I am hoping Steve will make it again but it is Labor day weekend a busy weekend for him

Labor day weekend huh? My wife and I are going to Key west around the first of august maybe I can play with the dates and swing by....I can see it now. 'Sorry babe they wont let me have the planned dates off from work, only time I can get off is around labor day." and then I can suggest we take a ride up the coast before heading to key west (we are flying into miami and renting a harley to ride to key west) "Oh look babe, MACNA is in ft lauderdale....ODD I didn't know that. Lets take a look at all the pretty coral babe, wont take long...."

yankieman

Labor day weekend huh? My wife and I are going to Key west around the first of august maybe I can play with the dates and swing by....I can see it now. 'Sorry babe they wont let me have the planned dates off from work, only time I can get off is around labor day." and then I can suggest we take a ride up the coast before heading to key west (we are flying into miami and renting a harley to ride to key west) "Oh look babe, MACNA is in ft lauderdale....ODD I didn't know that. Lets take a look at all the pretty coral babe, wont take long...."

HAAA sounds like a good plan in the works to me ,,, and a sounds like you have a great vacation planned too

steved13

PREMIUM
Look great Roger!!

Yes Cindy does get excited when you win. When I won the camera box I let her yell for me LOL.

I'm still hoping for 2013...I'm almost positive I will make it work somehow. I recently found out my employee, who has been key for us, is going to look for a job in the field he went to school for, so that's another hurdle against going away on labor day. I'm determined to find a way though.

yankieman

Look great Roger!!

Yes Cindy does get excited when you win. When I won the camera box I let her yell for me LOL.

I'm still hoping for 2013...I'm almost positive I will make it work somehow. I recently found out my employee, who has been key for us, is going to look for a job in the field he went to school for, so that's another hurdle against going away on labor day. I'm determined to find a way though.

LOL yea she hoolered when you won too and I think for the guy behind us LOL, well you have a year to plan I hope you can work it out somehow to go ,, sorry to hear about your employee possibly leaving I know you value him highly , but I guess he has dreams of his own to fulfill ,,,

whippetguy

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Hey Roger, just got a chance to read up on your tank thread. It's looking good. You didn't waste time getting the reactor set up, very impressive.

yankieman

Hey Roger, just got a chance to read up on your tank thread. It's looking good. You didn't waste time getting the reactor set up, very impressive.

Thanks John I guess im slow answering LOL the reactor is wonderful I love it and the stability it has created, i see new growth on everything since it was installed

Doogle

I've been browsing this thread all morning, great job! I love reading builds like this.
I agree we need more pics.lol
Keep up the awesomeness!