Search results

1. r2d2

Sand storm in S 650 new setup

Hi all, few weeks ago a friend of mine ask me for help to install and setup his new S 650. After some afternoons and lunch times of work, assamble is complete. Last friday (4 days ago) a fresh water run test was made and everything worked just fine. Buuut.... he is kind of a impatience guy so...
  2. r2d2

Starting all over again after 10 years dry

Hi all, its been a while since I didnt visit this forums. I´ve been about 10 years dry, I mean, without any tank. Some weeks ago a friend ask me to help him assamble and star a SW aquarium. I agree to help and suddenly all kinds of memories came into place, I look for my old pics of my former...
  3. r2d2

New huge volume project, comments please!

Hi all, friend of mine asked me to help him with a huge project he has in mind. As a little background and before you think we are crazy we both have had SW tanks in present and past, so we know all the implications of this idea. Basically he wants a FO tank, large enough to get in with a...
  4. r2d2

New project planning, opinions please

Hi all, after a couple of years dry, mean with no tanks at all, I'm planning to setup a new tank and want to know your opinion on the general idea and planning. This is going to be an island in living room, so it would be visible from one side and other. Tank measures 78" long x 16" wide x...
  5. r2d2

Im comming back

Hi all, about a year without visiting you here and almost two years with no tanks at all. I'm about to move to a new house and my wife and I decided to install again a reef tank or fish tank with some corals. I'm looking right now for all equipment and planning it to start with right foot. I...
  6. r2d2

My longnose hawk wont eat

Hi all, I need some advise with this little guy. Its been a week with me. I saw him eat dry food at LFS, pellets. But during this week he does seem interested in food but wont eat at all. Ive tried dry food and freeze dried mysis. Tomorrow I'll look for some frozen mysis andd try. Any...
  7. r2d2

Current Prime 1/10 service manual

Hi all, I have a Current Prime 1/10 but its broken. Does anybody has a service manual for this chiller? A friend of mine with refrigeration knowledge is offering to fix it but he needs this manual. Greetings
  8. r2d2

JBJ Nanocube light upgrade, opinions please

Hi all, Im thinking to upgrade my JBJ28NC lighting. Right now it has PC 105W stock light. I have two options: 1.- LED retrofit. More PAR than stock light, less heat, still closed hood that may lead to heat problems, low evaporation, long bulb life... 2.- JBJ K-2 Viper HQI 70W. More PAR...
  9. r2d2

cycle test, is it done?

Hi all, I've been cycling my tank since a week ago with a raw shrimp. LR was already stablished in a LFS tank. After 1 week shrimp does not look any more like a shrimp, very decomposed... Test results over past 3 days... Amonia 0 Nitrite 0 Nitrate 15 Does cycling is over? Im not...
  10. r2d2

Nanocube 28g, my second adventure

Hi all, this is my first chonicle but is for my second reef tank. After two months of selling my 75g tank I received yesterday a new JBJ NanoCube 28g, this is PC lighting version. Im planning to keep most LPS, softies and inverts like shrimps, feather dusters and CUC. For fish Im planning...
  11. r2d2

New tank ideas, plase help

Hi all, In my reserch process for a new tank, besides considering a 28 gal nano cube this morning came up a new idea and want to know your opinion... 46 gal bow front tank with a biult-in filtration, just like a cube. I guess filtration must be DIY, right? Any ideas or plans to built this? I...
  12. r2d2

what do you think on JBJ 28g LED?

Hi all, Im about to buy a JBJ nano cube 28g LED. I just want to know what you think about LED light in this fixture. Price difference between Quad PC version and LED is $300. So....
  13. r2d2

Switching to a nano cube

Hi all, Its been a lot since my last post here. I took a hard choice but necesary: I've sold my 75g including all my livestock and rocks! Electricity bills where out of control and chiller is broken so temp control started to become a real problem. So.... Im planning to start all over...
  14. r2d2

best return pump ever???

Hi all, I know this has been asked many times but... Which is best return pump available in terms of power consumption and noise? We are talking about 700-800GPH @4ft aprox. I use to have a Mag9.5... low noise, high power consumption and heat into water. Now Im using a Hyperflow 14H...
  15. r2d2

GSP covered with hair algae

Hi all, I had a nice GSP but now is all covered with hair algae and just few polyps are open. So, what would be best way to "clean it"? Brush it? Deep it? cnfzd: Greetings
  16. r2d2

socks or no socks during trip?

I mean for my reef.... Im leaving 10 days and my reef is going to have partial care. Topoffs are solved thanks to JBJ. For feeding Im planning to leave exact daily portions to drop in tank. But... changing filter sock is a more complicated task so my dilema is: Run my reef sock less...
  17. r2d2

how to cut down electricity bill???

Hi all, I know you are going to tell me reefing is an expensice hobby but I really need to cut down a little my electricity bill. My equipment list is at my signature... First plan is to with my retirn pump to a HYperflow 12 that is supposed to consume 50W instead of 90W of Mag9.5. Maybe...
  18. r2d2

RSM250 stock skimmer ultraefficient

Hi all, Im actually not an RSM owner but a friend of mine. I helped him since unpack his RSM250. And for those who think stock skimmer doesnt work here is a pic... This foam was produced during two days with no reason. It was yellow and brown! Greetings
  19. r2d2

turbo snails falling, are they dead?

Hi all, 10 days ago I added 10 turbo snails to my tank as part of my CUC's renovation. They have cleaned LR very well and help a lot with diatoms. But two days a go they are falling and dont know if are dead or alive. Not movement at all. Right now I have 5 down of 10. What could be...
  20. r2d2

6 lamp fixture using only 4, is that possible?

Hi all, Im thinking in getting a 6 t5 fixture but I would be using only 4 bulbs at this time. Will this work? Does this could damage ballast? Thanks