New tank ideas, plase help

r2d2

Hi all, In my reserch process for a new tank, besides considering a 28 gal nano cube this morning came up a new idea and want to know your opinion...

46 gal bow front tank with a biult-in filtration, just like a cube. I guess filtration must be DIY, right? Any ideas or plans to built this?
I think this setup will be better for my dining than a cube.

Do you have seen something similar? Wil it work?

GReetings

DaveK

It is possible to build the filtration into the tank space, but as a DIY project it's going to have some serious considerations.

Most important, DIY projects often need some modifications to the original plan. Trying to change something, once you have a working system is extremely difficult, unless you want to tear the whole system down.

Also, anything build inside the tank decreases water volume. I'd estimate that by the time you built an entire filtration system, you have only about 30 gal of water left. Add live rock, and (optionally) a send bed, and you have even less.

I'd recommend that if your going to build the filtration system, either build it as a hang on the tank device, or build a conventional sump with an overflow.

If you really must have an all in one, I think your better off buying one of the manufactured products. There the design has already been done, and while it may not be the greatest thing out there, at least it will work decently the first time.

r2d2

Ok, problem solved... yesterday I order a NC28g PCQuad. Im going to use it that way and maybe I'll upgrade to LED in near future.

GReetings