turbo snails falling, are they dead?

r2d2

Hi all, 10 days ago I added 10 turbo snails to my tank as part of my CUC's renovation.

They have cleaned LR very well and help a lot with diatoms.
But two days a go they are falling and dont know if are dead or alive. Not movement at all.
Right now I have 5 down of 10.
What could be happening?

Thanks

tnwillia

When mine drop and don't move for more than a day my CUC is taking them apart within 24 hours.

1Reefer

Yeah if you have hermits in your CUC they'll let you know if the snails are dead lol. Sucks your having issues but if everything tests ok I don't know what the problem would be. Good luck

Is it possible they starved?

My turbos and Astreas didn't do well either. Plus, I really didn't like the bull dozing thing they do. It seems even if you have plenty to eat they can't find it half the time. Had two fall and get stuck in the rocks and I think my cleaner shrimp was hunting them.

-JOHN

1Reefer

Id say somethins gotta be off or you got some bad snails....if you have a reef id get rid of the turbos and stick with the smaller snails (astreas are great). I have all sorts of snails and have never had a problem with them "falling" other than when my nassi's climb the glass and then lose there footing an drift back to the bottom.... but they instantly right themselves and continue on. A snail that doesn't open back up and try to get new footing almost imediatly means somethings wrong (could be the snail could be the water, temp, ect.)

r2d2

Maybe that "batch of snails is defective" because I already had snails andd limpets in my tank before adding this ones.
Nitrates are around 5ppm
Yesterday I place them over rocks and some reattached them selvs to rocks other was falling again.
My rocks has a lot of food for them so I guess is not starving.
No other CUC member has approched to fallen snails so I have to guess they are not dead.

r2d2

temp is 76-77
Yeah, maybe its acclimation although I always use drip way...
I'll keep watching them and helping to attach. Just wanted to know if that is some kind of behavior or something like that...

Greetings