Search results

1. tektite

AEFW experiments and study

I've posted this on a few other reef forums, but figured I can't forget my first reef forum I participated in :) Awhile back I took in some frags from a fellow hobbyist that weren't doing good for them. Turns out some of them had Acropora eating flatworms (AEFW). I did what research I could...
  2. tektite

FS: Dragon's tongue macroalgae - large frags

For sale, very large frags of orange tipped dragon's tongue Halymenia macroalgae. This macro is incredibly beautiful, its growth is flame shaped, red with new growth tips being orange. I am selling frags, bushes ~4" across. These are much larger than I or others usually sell. $32 shipped...
  3. tektite

Display macroalgae for sale

Display macroalgaes for sale ~ Purple branching macro. Very very rare, I've never seen anyone else with this macro. Grows out in a flat plane, beautiful true purple color, very hard to find in macroalgae. new growth is light purple (lighter in higher light). Low to medium flow, medium...
  4. tektite

Macro photography (corals and macroalgae)

Sooo, I finally got a macro lens!!! So excited, its been a long time coming lol. Took it for a first day test drive...some pics not so great on technical quality but I still liked them. Will have better pics after a little practice :) Rainbow tube anemone Encrusting blue iridescent...
  5. tektite

For sale: beautiful display macroalgaes

Display macroalgaes for sale ~ individual frags or frag pack available (all 6 macros shipped for $80, saves $28) Rhodopeltis sp. Very rare. It is a very stiff macroalgae, can tolerate high flow with ease. Slow to medium grower depending on tank conditions. Prefers medium to high light...
  6. tektite

DIY Vortech screen cover

Made a DIY vortech cover awhile back, finally got around to writing something up about how I did it :) Anemone proof! Product made Supplies used: Drill, dremel, 1/8" acrylic, regular fiberglass window screen, and 3 holesaws (4", 3 1/8", 2 1/2") Secured the acrylic to the wood so...
  7. tektite

Very cool new alveopora!

Being a collector of goniopora and alveopora I couldn't turn this one down :)
  8. tektite

Coral pics, haven't posted in awhile!

Pics from yesterday, been awhile since I cleaned my glass, it was nice to see my corals again :lol:
  9. tektite

FS: Rare display macroalgae (Rhodopeltis)

For sale: A beautiful display macroalgae, Rhodopeltis sp. Very uncommon. Growth characteristics: It is a very stiff macroalgae, can tolerate high flow with ease. Under lower light it stays deep red throughout and doesn't branch as much, under higher light the new growth tips turn light...
  10. tektite

Coral macro pictures!

Haven't taken pics of my reef tank for awhile, making up for lost time!
  11. tektite

My complete saltwater mixing/change station

After 2.5 years of collecting equipment, my water change station is done! No more blue barrels all over my fishroom :) The main problem with this whole build to overcome was that the fishroom and utility room are on far opposite corners of the house from each other... Basic stats: 150 gpd...
  12. tektite

I'm HUNGRY!!!

I found this pretty funny, my autozooid caught some lunch :) A little bit on the big side for it, LOL! When not overindulging:
  13. tektite

Couple current tank snapshots!

90 gallon macro dominated (more soft coral dominated at the moment though, lol) Photosynthetic gorgonian Zoas Pink clove polyps with neon green centers and orange tips Irridescent blue padina Irridescent blue/green sponge (depending on the angle viewed)...
  14. tektite

Microscopic critter ID

Anyone good at microscopic ID's? I got a microscope on Monday and saw this little guy on my glass. They can sure hold on well! They're the same size as the million copepods on my glass, and they like shade (they were all huddled under my mp40). Sorry about the poor quality...
  15. tektite

Basket starfish pics!

One of the more elusive inhabitants of my macro tank decided last night to come out before dark. My basket starfish, I got some pics and video :) A note about this creature - this is one of the hardest of all starfish to keep alive. Please do not even consider getting one without doing...
  16. tektite

Green tipped elegance coral?

Has anyone ever seen a green tipped elegance? I've seen blue, purple, pink, and orange tipped...I found one in my LFS that is a solid purple except for neon green tips, just wondering how odd of a coloration it is. The coral had about 10 mouths total along it: Base of skeleton I cut off:
  17. tektite

Lysmata wurdemanni larvae

At least that's my best guess :) One of my peppermint shrimp that I caught in Galveston had a spawn tonight. Caught some video of the larvae and my copperband eating them (he and my blue gudgeon goby were in heaven!) Link to the video (embedding directly from vimeo doesn't seem to be...
  18. tektite

Green mandarin - Synchiropus splendidus

Finally saw my green mandarin couple together before lights-out and got some pics :) My male: My female: Together: I've begun cultures of phyto, rotifers, and copepods. I haven't captured any eggs yet, but I'm excited for the future!
  19. tektite

3 years of cool hitchhiker photos

I have always been fascinated by the little creatures in our tanks. Found these guys the other day: Autozooid: Cladonema jellyfish: Other hitchhikers I've had: Peanut worm: Anemone: Spaghetti worm: Octopi: Feather duster: Scinaia: Timelapse of a...
  20. tektite

Decorative macroalgae for sale

Macroalgae for sale: Rare red/orange tipped Dragon's Tongue Halymenia. The body of the macro is a deep red, while the new growth tips are a bright orange. This is one of the best looking display macros out there. Highly edible to herbivores like tangs. ~3" frag for $20 Some of my...