My complete saltwater mixing/change station

tektite

After 2.5 years of collecting equipment, my water change station is done! No more blue barrels all over my fishroom :) The main problem with this whole build to overcome was that the fishroom and utility room are on far opposite corners of the house from each other...

Basic stats:
150 gpd RO/DI unit - booster pump, 2 DI canisters
3 55 gallon barrels to hold freshwater - linked via uniseals and dual union ball valves
Iwaki MD-70RZT - pumps freshwater to saltwater barrels and into fishroom for topoff
2 55 gallon containers to hold new saltwater
Iwaki MD-70RLT - circulates saltwater containers, mixes salt mix
Iwaki MD-100RLT - pumps fresh saltwater into my fishroom

I went with the Iwakis because they can handle a lot of head pressure, both pumping from the utility room into the fishroom have 30'+ horizontally, plus 5-10' vertically and a lot of 90 degree turns and valves adding backpressure. I also decided to try out PEX for the first time instead of PVC, it was awesome with its flexibility, especially when I was running it in the crawlspace where I could hardly move :)

I do have a solenoid somewhere that I'll be putting the RO/DI unit on with a float valve, just haven't found it yet.

Video overview of the system:
Water change station

Apparently vimeo's video embed code doesn't work on this website -- That's the link to the video above, jump forward to the 1 minute mark to skip over my RO/DI unit overview.

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
Oh my. U took that serious. Really awesome come help with my water station. U have talent!

tektite

Thanks everyone :)

very nice!!

now its time to add a drainage system, and then automate the whole process. ;)

The drain is actually pretty close to the water lines. You can see it for just a sec at the 4:05 mark in the upper right hand corner. Its a union just like the water lines, I just put a pump on the other end of the tube and screw it on to that union. That line leads to the drain for my AC unit, which happens to be right behind the tank so its quite convenient :)

BLADEYAMAHA

Thanks everyone :)

The drain is actually pretty close to the water lines. You can see it for just a sec at the 4:05 mark in the upper right hand corner. Its a union just like the water lines, I just put a pump on the other end of the tube and screw it on to that union. That line leads to the drain for my AC unit, which happens to be right behind the tank so its quite convenient :)

Yeah that is nice. :)