Search results

1. Mebigloser

Mebigloser's 93 Gallon Cube

Been over 10 years without a salt tank.....lots of life changes.....ready to get back into the hobby...... Pics to come as soon as I figure out how to post them....
  2. Mebigloser

Canopy Ideas

I am getting ready to build my new canopy for my 150...please post some build pics of some home built canopies...... Thanks MBL
  3. Mebigloser

Glad to be back....150 setup

Got rid of the 75 and just setup my new 150....been setup little over 3 weeks....still a long way to go on this setup.....have to still build my canopy and install my metal lighting......close-loop......probably move it around 10 times before I like it....ect..ect... MBL
  4. Mebigloser

56 Cube Setup and 75 Rebuild..

I am redoing my 75 gallon reef and had to find a place for my setup......thought I would post the steps... Here's the tank in waiting.... MBL
  5. Mebigloser

Inreef.com

Just received my order from Joe at INREEF.COM, everything was received and packaged well... Box off UPS truck...
  6. Mebigloser

75 Gallon (barebottom)

Since I could no longer take the constant battles with hair algae and the wonderful silicate soup....(the sand was pretty)......I have decided to go barebottom.... The tank before dismantling. Mebigloser
  7. Mebigloser

New tank in the works...ideas please

Been trying to figure out what tank to purchase, wanted a 150, but was having a hard time to find a place for it. I settle for a 56 gallon column this time around (30X18X24). Might be looking to move into a bigger house this year, so that had alot to do with the tank purchased. I have my...
  8. Mebigloser

wooddood (frag time)

Wooddood, Do you want a frag of this guy? I am going to frag him this week. Let me know. He is now double the size shown here. If anyone else is close, I will give them a frag also, just don't want to mess with shipping.
  9. Mebigloser

Very Sad....

Just lost my CCB about an hour ago and I have no idea why. He has ate like a pig since the first day he was placed in the tank and continued to eat up til his death, he even ate this morning. No signs of ick or any distress and my tank chemistry is doing great. What was so weird, I was...
  10. Mebigloser

Off Topic - Fresh Water Fish

I tried to post these is the Freshwater section, but it is closed off. A couple of pictures of my new Daffodil's
  11. Mebigloser

Winning the algae battle.

Thanks to all the great info and suggests from this board, I am finally winning the battle with the dreaded hair algae. The whole tank is slowly clearing up... Thanks MBL After picture...
  12. Mebigloser

Tank Size

I am looking at upgrading my 75 into either a 120 or 150. The 120 is 48x24x24 and the 150 is 48x24x30. My question is how much will the extra 6 inches of depth on the 150 effect the lighting. Would it be better to stuck with a 24 inch depth or should the 30 inch depth be ok. What is everyones...
  13. Mebigloser

What is my Caulerpa doing?

What is my caulerpa doing, this just started today. See the little white things sticky out of the plant, is it going sexual? If so why?
  14. Mebigloser

How to frag these babies?

How to frag these babies?..Fragged.. I have two corals that I definitively need to frag or trade, they are taking up way too much room in my tank. Here is the first one, how do you frag this baby?
  15. Mebigloser

New Coral

Not really sure of the id, said it was a soft mushroom. This has been in my tank less than an hour.
  16. Mebigloser

New Hitchhiker (Starfish)

This guy came on one of my new corals, any ideas?
  17. Mebigloser

Nano Setup Question.

OK, I am thinking about setting up a 20 gallon nano and looking for info on how most of you would setup it up. I am looking for info on the following items. Filtration Substrate: kinds: have; not have (bb) Skimmer: have; not have Lighting ( probably have 175 watt MH 10k) suggestions...
  18. Mebigloser

Congrats Pats

Congrats to the Pats fans, good luck in the Superbowl......
  19. Mebigloser

Chemistry Question.

Just did my weekly check on my 75 gallon reef, here's the results. Ammonia-0 Calcium-460 KH-100 mg/L or 5.6dH Nitrite-0 Nitrate-5<, hardly any reading. PH-8.5-8.6 What do I need to work on and how do I go about to fix it. The tank has been setup just a little over a year. Thanks...
  20. Mebigloser

My new Favites. Need ID

I just placed this in my tank last night, any idea on the exact id?