Very Sad....

Mebigloser

Just lost my CCB about an hour ago and I have no idea why.
He has ate like a pig since the first day he was placed in the tank and continued to eat up til his death, he even ate this morning. No signs of ick or any distress and my tank chemistry is doing great.
What was so weird, I was watching tv plus my tank (as always) and he was swimming along then just went to the bottom of the tank and bam gone.

He was my favorite fish.:tears:
MBL

addict

Sorry to hear that Mebigloser... :(

Having recently lost my copperband as well, I know what it's like... it was my favorite fish too.

If it was that fast, I wonder if it was like a heart attack or something...

wooddood

the wood dude
sorry to hear that ron i know it was your favorite fish. but like dave [reefer addict] said it just may have been a freak thing with him and nothing you did wrong.

Montanareefer

Has been struck by the ban stick
I feel for your loss of the Copperband Butterfly! I just returned mine back to the LFS when I tore down my tank:(

nivek

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
Sorry to hear that. My 2 anthias just passed away a few days ago too.

mnreefman

if i had to look at your mug everyday, i tink id die too... sry on a lesser note... i hate it when fish die, even if they are not mine... cbb are so sweet... so purdy..... i am sorry for your loss

Mebigloser

Thanks Everyone, Really appreciate it.

When I took him out of the tank, I could not find a thing wrong. Must of been his time.

MBL

BoomerD

I'll also send my condolences for the loss. :( I've liked the CBB's for almost 20 yrs. Tough to get them to eat sometimes, but when you do finally find one that really wants to eat, watch out !! The one I have now is just a 5" pig in fish clothing!
How long did you have the fish? Is it possible that it was residual cyanide poisoning? Far too common an occurance with butterflies, as they hide in the rock work so well. Just a thought on the cause... :(

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
I lost one myself so I know the feeling. Sorry for your loss.:(
These guys aren't easy to keep and to get them to eat is a real challenge. I'm beginning to think these guys are better left in the Ocean