Glad to be back....150 setup

Mebigloser

Got rid of the 75 and just setup my new 150....been setup little over 3 weeks....still a long way to go on this setup.....have to still build my canopy and install my metal lighting......close-loop......probably move it around 10 times before I like it....ect..ect...

MBL

Attachments

• IMG_0079 (Custom).JPG
    IMG_0079 (Custom).JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 85

Mad Mike

Looks great just the way it is but, then we have that reefer curse... It could be just a little better ;)

Great job, super looking tank.

Witfull

glad to see ya,,,,WB MBL, rearranging is the fun of a living picture, we can move things around for variety.

Mebigloser

What are the dimensions of your new tank?
Gina,
The tank is 48x24x30, I had to be able to fit the tank in the same spot of the 75.

Little bit of info about the tank...at the present time...
740 watts of vho lighting
40 gallon sump\1800 mag return pump
two drilled overflows with 4 pvc returns
UV Sterlizer
Bare Bottom...Black cutting boards
Kent Nautilus te skimmer....does ok...anyone want to give me a better one..
Around 200 pounds of Liverock....

MBL

Gina

RS STAFF
Sounds great! I like the depth!!

Did you buy this at a LFS? What brand name is it?

Mebigloser

Just thought I would post a pic of my free Elegance Coral.....this guy is huge and growing.......

MBL

Attachments

• IMG_0105 (Custom).JPG
    IMG_0105 (Custom).JPG
    48.5 KB · Views: 65

Mebigloser

Just hooked up my RO/DI unit today.....

Has anyone plumbed this directly into the sump so you can auto fill.....any ideas please...

MBL

Attachments

• IMG_0110 (Custom).JPG
    IMG_0110 (Custom).JPG
    35.1 KB · Views: 61

tommyp

I use a kent valve on my top off container.

From there I use floats and a maxijet to pump top off through my kalkreactor to the sump.

You could go straight to sump. There is the reef relief autotop off. or you could use a kent valve. but you better have a few redundancies. nothing like a reef with a salinity of 1.0001 and the rest all over your floor. It is also good to let the ro run a bit rather than short spirts all the time. so if you did a sump top off it would have to have some hysteresis built in.

Tom

tommyp

Heres mine. it is the mad scientists topoff for sure.

This is my container the kent float switch shuts the ro unit off when it is filled. (The ro line is not attached as it is filling the new tank right now) I have a speedfit valve shuting off the water to the ro. When i need it I just flip the valve turning on the ro and let the kent shut the Ro unit off when it is filled. If I go away for a while I can leave the float controlling the ro unit. so that the tank sitter doesn't have to mess with topoff water. I usually don't go a way for long enough that it matters though I can just fill the 18 gallons and be back before it runs down.

container.jpg

here is the maxijet connected to a speed fit. It is switched by my top off. it pushes water into the kalk reactor.

maxi.jpg

My diy kalk reactor. Try not to laugh. I am going to make version 2 soon.

kalkr.jpg

Here are the float switches. The bottom one switches a relay that powers the maxijet. If the bottom sticks on the top will shut the topoff off. but the top is too high for this setup and it would probably do some damage. it was setup in a sump chamber before, now it is in a full baffleless 90.

float.jpg

This mass of wires is the relay. It looks ugly but no one sees it. It allows safer 12v to go to the floats and regular 110 to go to the powerhead. People run 110 through the floats but this is a little safer.

relay.jpg

Witfull

glad im not the only Mad Scientist in the room!!

Attachments

• mad scientist1.JPG
    mad scientist1.JPG
    12 KB · Views: 23