Off Topic - Fresh Water Fish

Mebigloser

I tried to post these is the Freshwater section, but it is closed off.

A couple of pictures of my new Daffodil's

Mebigloser

Parents. I have 3 different set of parents that spawn all the time, right now there are three different sets of new babies.

sarah

lovely pictures, beautiful fish, hope you get some babies that survie. It is so nice when your fish sparwn in your tank. My convict chiclids have just laid a load of eggs.
Good luck.
Sarah xxx :clink:

Mebigloser

Daffodil'd do not eat the babies, I stated off with 6 fish and have over 40 in the tank not counting the babies. I have pull fish 3 times and given them to the petstore. These guys are a great fish.

sarah

Hi bigloser, woke up this morning looked in my chiclid tank the eggs have hatched, must be about 100 fry simming around tried to take photos but there did not come out. Hopefuly i will get some survie.

SARAH xxx :D

Mebigloser

What kind are they? Keep the parents well fed and stay away from the tank so they dont get upset. Then they might not eat the babies.

Congrats MBL

mps9506

I miss my old brichardi's and my old angelfish.
Both would spawn and raise their own young, very little work involoved with raising these guys compared to things like clownfish and gobies.
Nice pictures.
Mike

sarah

Hi MBL, they are convic chilids and there are very greedy so they are fed really well they have only bin in this tank for a week. The babies will stay in with the perants for a week and then put in to a tank so i can bring them up when big enough the will be taken to the lfs for credit. They breed every few months.
Sarah xxxxxx

TDEVIL

mbl, this thread and pics make me miss all of my fishes that i use to have, but they started my reef so i cant complain to much, i use to breed F1's, i had quit a few tanks

i finally got a good pic of the only Aulonocara that i have left, so if i end up getting rid of him atleast i have a pic ;)
i also still have some of my Frontosa's, i sold 1 male and 2 fem breeders to support the begining of the reef, but still have about 25 babies

Sara, i would love to see a pic of the convic's, i use to breed them also, they have a great personality when it come to their young ;)

TD

TDEVIL

Originally posted by drdrew
do you need any special kind of fertilizer for those babies?

you dont need any type of fertilizer with these types of fish, they take to flakes almost immediately after they eat the egg sack, they are very easy to raise and sell or just give away ;)

HTH

TD

TDEVIL

looks good Sara, how old are they, have they started changing color yet?

here's i pic of my Aulonocara, sorry to hijack this thread MBL ;)

TD