Search results

1. frisbee

I found a picture of my parents old tank

I was looking through the photo albums the other day and found the picture below. This was taken in 1981, but the tank was set up somewhere around 1979, 1980. They had it for about 4 or 5 years or so. They're kind of hard to see, but it looks like a Yellow Tang, juvenile Koran Angel, Maroon...
  2. frisbee

Blindness in dogs

My dog was attacked by 2 Pit Bulls early Easter morning in front of my house. She's was all chewed up around the head & neck area, but they stitched her up pretty good and now she's home. She is taking an antibiotic at the moment and the wounds are healing nicely. My question is, would...
  3. frisbee

Bicolor Blenny problems

I just added one of these fish to my tank a few weeks ago and I'm starting to notice these blemishes on my Sunset Montipora and a Jedi Mind Trick Montipora. I didn't think anything of it at first and then I saw the Blenny picking at them. Also, I just added a small Acropora frag yesterday and...
  4. frisbee

Jade plant?

My mother has had this plant around the house for as long as I can remember. (~35 years) Can I just cut off a branch and plant it in a pot like that? A frag so to say? Thank you. :)
  5. frisbee

Wooden air stones

How long do these generally last? (replacing)
  6. frisbee

Seachem Reef Builder & Baking Soda

I've been using the Seachem Reef Builder in my ATO reservoir for a LONG time without any problems, but all of a sudden I can't find this stuff locally anymore. I know I can get it online, but if I was to switch over to Baking Soda will I be sacrificing anything? I've been told that they're...
  7. frisbee

STAR WARS Episode VII Trailer

www.youtube.com/embed/OMOVFvcNfvE?rel=0"
  8. frisbee

How do you keep cats from peeing around your house?

I live in a culdesac, and there are a few neighbors that have cats, but somebody just moved into a house two doors down and it looks like they brought a bunch of cats with them. Anyways, it just seems like there peeing all around our house. The side of the house, the porch, the patio etc. It...
  9. frisbee

Is something wrong with the site?

For the past 72 hours or so, every time I log on to the homepage, I'm seeing all these tiny looking TV's with an x through them. Almost like a picture is not showing up or something. It definitely looks odd. Up at the top of the home page, there's a message in the black portion, only written...
  10. frisbee

Extremely low calcium & magnesium, yet everything looks good

I've had my tank set up now for about 5 years. Other than dosing about 1 teaspoon of Seachem Reef Builder to every 5 gallons of top off water, (ATO) I've never really dosed anything. It's a 20 gallon mixed reef, & I usually do 2-5 gallon water changes each week. The corals look good, they've...
  11. frisbee

T5 actinics comparable to VHO actinics

It's about that time where I need to replace my T5 actinics. (once a year) I've been using the Hagen Marine Glo bulbs for years on end with good results, but they just don't give the corals that "pop" I'm looking for. Just curious if there were any other brands out there that are somewhat...
  12. frisbee

Ballast longevity

I've been using this Hamilton 175 watt magnetic ballast for about 5 years now without any problems, but I got this thru a trade, so I have no clue how long it's been in service for. Do these things usually last a long time, or should I expect it to fizzle out here soon? Any information...
  13. frisbee

fragging a toadstool

Just curious how you would go about fragging a large toadstool coral. The one I have in my 20 gallon tank is just too big, and it's starting to shade some of the other corals below now. Should I just cut the stalk about 3/4 of the way up, and hopefully the crown will grow back over time, or...
  14. frisbee

zoa pox

Just curious if anybody has had to deal with these. I have a colony of zoanthids in an established reef tank that look a little odd. Upon further inspection, it looks as though it might be zoa pox. The only problem is, the tank has been set up for a long time, and I can't remove any of the...
  15. frisbee

Hello.

Just wanted to say hi to everyone. Not really a big talker, but am really looking forward to the the learning experience. Will always be more than happy to help.