STAR WARS Episode VII Trailer

Oxylebius

Nerds around the world felt a great disturbance in the force, as if millions of Internet users suddenly scrambled to watch their first glimpse of the new Star Wars film :LOL:

blackbeltmom

PREMIUM
I thought the trailer was really good. Thought Bendict Cumberbatch did a good job with the narration.
I know that a lot of hard core Star Wars fans felt that the franchise would be ruined by Disney buying Lucasfilms and the exodus of George Lucas, but J.J. Abrams is a really good director. I liked what he has done with Star Trek. He also did a good job with last two Mission Impossible movies and has several hit TV shows including Felicity, Alias, Lost, and Fringe.
I guess only time will tell.
So, do you think Cumberbatch or Gary Oldman is going to play the Sith. It is rumored that they have both been hired and it is also rumored that they were originally considered for the same part.

frisbee

I'm not really sure, but I'm stoked... Cumberbatch kind of strikes me more as a Moff Tarken kind of character though, as opposed to a Sith. Will see.

Another thing that kind of concerned me was that odd looking light saber. What's the significance to those vents on the side? I hope they do serve a purpose and are not just for looks, considering the older light sabers weren't broke to begin with. I don't know... I definitely felt the same feeling I did when I saw the trailer for The Phantom Menace. I was born in 76, so I kind of grew up with this stuff. All I want for Christmas next year is a decent movie.

Party on! :)

Shepster

Those cross lightsabers were present before but not in the movie franchise but in books and comics so it's actually not new just not exploited ;) I think the teaser looks very promising and can't wait for the movie to hit theaters. JJ Abrams really is a good director too. So, hopes up!