How do you keep cats from peeing around your house?

frisbee

I live in a culdesac, and there are a few neighbors that have cats, but somebody just moved into a house two doors down and it looks like they brought a bunch of cats with them. Anyways, it just seems like there peeing all around our house. The side of the house, the porch, the patio etc. It stinks... We've let the dog chase after them, turned on the sprinklers & made loud noises but nothing seems to help. Is there anything that we can put around the house that will keep these cats away?

Thanks. :)

sirrealism

Man that sux. I dont know of anyway off hand but i know i would be frustrated if i was in your shoes. I like cats but they dont belong out running free. My cats do go out side but they stay in my fenced yard and only like once a week when I am home. Maybe moth balls. No idea if it would work but just throwing it out there

NanaReefer

From Neighborhood Cats:
The Coleus Canina plant, a weed originating in Europe, is known as the "Scardy-Cat" or "Pee-off" plant because it emits an odor offensive to cats (but not to humans) and deters their presence. Recommendation is to plant them three feet apart around the area to be protected. You may need to order cuttings or seeds from a nursery or dealer. Do a Google search for the plant to find a dealer and compare prices - one dealer when last checked is Rosy Dawn Gardens. WARNING: There are many varieties of Coleus plants, so make sure you order the correct one - Coleus Canina. Order early in the spring planting season before dealers run out of stock.
For protecting gardens or flower beds, common household items may be effective, including the herb rue, either planted or sprinkled in its dry form. Other suggestions for garden areas are orange and lemon peels (cats dislike citrus smells), cayenne pepper, coffee grounds, pipe tobacco, lavender oil, lemon grass oil, citronella oil, peppermint oil, eucalyptus oil, and mustard oil.
Havahart Dog & Cat Repellents use capsaicin, pepper and oil of mustard as its active ingredients. It repels by both taste and odor, has a lemon scent, lasts 7-10 days and needs to be reapplied after rain or new growth.

frisbee

Alright, thank you everybody. I may give the Cayenne pepper a try, at least until it starts raining on a regular basis around here. (which may be never) I'll look into those plants mentioned above for the spring as well. Thanks again. :)