Search results

1. Tru2nr

Brown Nuisance Algae

Hey guys been a long time; I've got an issue trying to identify this algae. Kind of reminds me of Dino but it doesn't have that cyano thinness/air bubble trapping. I'm running GFO, and Biopellets with a slimmer that does pull decent skimmate. All perams test within proper range...
  2. Tru2nr

Back in it

So while I have already recreating a chronicle I figured I would also reintroduce myself. Some may remember me some may not. Past couple of years I have gone from a 75G to a 120G even added a 40b frag tank plumbed in. Job change forced me to downgrade so I sold my 120 n all equipment and just...
  3. Tru2nr

8G BioCube (25G Downsized)

Hey everyone.... So background story on this tank. It originally started as a Mr. Aqua 25G, I then drilled the rear panel and added an external overflow that goes to a 10g 3 baffle sump with a Reef Octopus HOB 100 skimmer a TLF Phosban 150 running a quarter of the recommended amount of...
  4. Tru2nr

Fish breathing Air

So my rabbitfish just started breathing air today at the top of the tank. First thing that came to mind but I have water falling over the overflow and a laarge skimmer and water falling at the return baffle so now im baffled...wondering if maybe he's a bit sick going to try and find an oxygen...
  5. Tru2nr

Redheaded solon fairy wrasse

Anyone had any experience with these guys becoming aggressive? I just added my double bar rabbitfish to my DT about 2 weeks ago and i just noticed my wrasse trying to harass my rabbitfish(he attempted to peck at his side a couple of times) i am about to remove the wrasse unless otherwise...
  6. Tru2nr

Thinkin of going non DIY LED

So i've been thinkin of getting an LED fixture for my 75 and am wondering whats everyones opinion on which fixture route to go. I want to get one that is more then just on and off and intensity. Thinking i want to do a 2 fixture route but not sure if i can get away with it or not on a 75. I...
  7. Tru2nr

stumbled upon but just so true/funny

Especially true of what my neighbors think i do lol
  8. Tru2nr

lost fish in QTand it wasnt MI(i dont think)

So I am almost positive I lost a lot of fish to MI so as a result i created a qt to begin hypo and have the DT fallow for 10 weeks....so ive gotten the hypo tank down to 1.020 lowering no more then .002 per day. Yesterday i noticed my one chromis was bearly moving and breathing heavily...this...
  9. Tru2nr

acro id

Can anyone id this acro just picked it up...was under 400w at the lfs I have it in my 75 sitting right at the top under my 250s...getting good PE the flesh is light tan the polyps are almost cream colored and the tips are a real light blue...with the polyps the sps looks almost entirely white I...
  10. Tru2nr

what skimmer to get

Ok needa pick out a skimmer for my 25g cube woth 10g sump...im debating on a reef octopus 4" rated up to 100g or a turboflotor 500 which is rated up to 65g...the turboflotor is about 30 bucks less which is my ideal price point but don't want to risk my anemones happiness over 30 bucks...any...
  11. Tru2nr

can you ID this SPS

Any help with an id on this sps my thinking is either a stylophora or hydnophora...skeleton flesh is yellow and same with polyps but has a green tint to it...the polyps appear to be fuzzy
  12. Tru2nr

basic controller and DIY LEDs

Ok, I have skimmed owner manuals of the reefkeeper lite and apex jr two basic(under 200) controllers and cannot find my answer so hopefully you guys can help me out....all im looking to do is have a temp probe and ph probe wave maker and control of my LEDs. I see they offer help for factory...
  13. Tru2nr

Tank seam stability question

ok, so i built the frame for my stand and im curious if i am just asking for trouble by not having a support directly under the seam entirely...please see pic below...i have the wood to build the support underneath the seam.
  14. Tru2nr

overflow design help

ok so im going to be getting my cube today and it needs to be drilled. This tank will be sitting against a wall in my living room and will be view-able from 3 sides im debating on creating an external overflow similar to a bean style and hiding it in trim work that is part of the stand...but my...
  15. Tru2nr

25G Rimless Cube...

Ok...so happy graduation to me...just ordered a 25g Mr. Aqua rimless cube with black sand, a 72W DIY Led lighting system, 22lbs worth of dry rock...going to make this a dedicated anemone/clownfish tank!
  16. Tru2nr

Broken Endcap...still usable?

Ok, so i discovered when i was building my new light fixture that one of my t-5 end caps was broken slight...it still holds the bulb in just fine but the plastic piece that separates the pins was missing...my question is will this cause possible arcing issues between the pins and blow out the...
  17. Tru2nr

Deep Blue Triton pump

Hey, has anyone ever had an issue with Triton pumps? I have had mine for about a month or so and today it just shut off for the second time. I unplug the pump wait 10-20 minutes and plus it back in and it fires right up. I emailed them about it so we'll see what happens there i just didn't...
  18. Tru2nr

55G Rimless Custom Build/side project

Ok...so i have been thinking about all of the different overflows available and none are doing exactly what i want them to do...so thanks to a friend of mine i received a standard 55G that I will be using as my prototype build this is going to be a very slow build....involve a lot of glass...
  19. Tru2nr

Reflector choice input needed

Ok...so thanks to a friend...its time to spend more money! stupid par meters :rocket: lol please give your guys input on these two reflectors...i have reduced my selection to the following two based off of price and style/size of reflector if anyone has any other suggestions please let me know i...
  20. Tru2nr

Can you identify this SPS?

So the guy i picked this up off of called it a mini-Pavona colony...but i don't think so to me it looked like a green polyp'd birds nest...but this is my second foray into SPS...first was an acro that i had for a very short time before my tank went kaput...here are some pics to help ID it...i've...