Redheaded solon fairy wrasse

Tru2nr

Anyone had any experience with these guys becoming aggressive? I just added my double bar rabbitfish to my DT about 2 weeks ago and i just noticed my wrasse trying to harass my rabbitfish(he attempted to peck at his side a couple of times) i am about to remove the wrasse unless otherwise convinced which is a shame

...Food, beer, salt needed can only afford two...i'll buy food next week i'm a reefaholic

fishguy4

lol thats so weird the rabbitfish has spines and the wrasse knows that...

how long has the wrasse been in the tank and how big are both fish?

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
I've had many Fairy Wrasses before and aggression has never been an issue at least on their part. Usually there's aggression among them when you have more than 1 super male Fairy in smaller tanks.

Tru2nr

Hrmmm...this ones a female but its starting to look like its getting the male coloration near the dorsal fin...ill just keep an eye on her

...Food, beer, salt needed can only afford two...i'll buy food next week i'm a reefaholic

Jetbkk

I had a Solon Wrasse for 4 months before it died recently from a big disease outbreak in my tank, sadly. It was a fantastic fish -- very activel and also very peaceful. I highly recommend it and will be buying another one for myself in due time.