Deep Blue Triton pump

Tru2nr

Hey, has anyone ever had an issue with Triton pumps? I have had mine for about a month or so and today it just shut off for the second time. I unplug the pump wait 10-20 minutes and plus it back in and it fires right up. I emailed them about it so we'll see what happens there i just didn't know if anyone has had an issue. I no longer have the receipt and the LFS i picked it up from is not the best returning defective products even with a receipt.

Tru2nr

so Deep Blue was quick on the response they gave me two options to troubleshoot it....said there is a thermal protector on the pump to shut it off to keep it from running to hot or dry which i like that feature...and my heater was just on the other side of the 3 baffle's in my fuge so i've decided to move the heater to the opposite side of the fuge...its not far but its no longer in close proximity so the heat shouldn't radiate that far...hopefully that fixes the problem but very good to know about this protective feature as i do enjoy the pump if its the only reason that this thing is shutting off....if there is another reason not gonna be too happy with them lol

Tru2nr

well im not very happy with them right now...lol....pump shut off again so i disassembled the impeller head and reassembled it like they told me....and the pump fired back up and than 20 minutes it shut down again....got pissed swapped it out for my 6 year old rio 1700 lol so i emailed deep blue and I am waiting to see what their response is.

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
That sucks......you need a reliable pump so get your money back!

Tru2nr

yeah im thinking this might be a fight with them...cuz the LFS isn't the best at taking returns on unused product and without a receipt how can i prove when i bought it there...so im going to be fighting with the supplier on this i have a feeling...i knew i should have spent the extra 15-20 and bought a mag 9.5

Tru2nr

good to know JJ...don't know how i would get my money back from the manufacturer which makes me think they will just replace it since i didn't buy it direct

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
i got my sump from lifereef and he uses mag pumps and I asked him why......he said they dont break hahaha

Tru2nr

yeah...i read good things about Triton pumps which was why i was comfortable picking it up and its not like it was the cheapest pump out there!