Votes: 6 0.9%
  • Other (please specify below...)

Votes: 56 8.1%

• Total voters

StevieT

RS Sponsor
salt.jpg

fishhead

I have switched to mei Marine-Max. I used to use IO and think I previously voted \polled as such. However, I had been having problems with maintaining alkalinity. It seems thay when IO is initially mixed up and completely dissolved, the alkalinity will measure as OK. Test that same bucket a couple days later and it will have lost a lot of it's alkalinity just sitting there. mei doesn't do that. Furthermore, the results after changing to this salt were obvious and favorable. It is my new salt of choice.
This salt takes a little (well, a lot) longer to go completely into solution, even though it is the finest most pulverized salt mix I have seen. The elemental balance and buffer capacity of the resulting solution is superior to any salt I've used in the past. If you haven't tried this salt mix brand yet, and you see some at a lfs, buy it and try it! Remember, let it sit as much as 2 days b4 change.
Greg

Last edited:

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
I use Oceanic for start up and holding tanks now and in the past, once my tank is up and running I will switch to a homemade salt from a local guy that has always been better than any bucket salt mix. If anyone one is interested in checking out his salt and other products here is the link.

"GETTANKEDAQUARIUMS.com"

Eric

livebait

I voted for Kent because that is my favorite but actually I change brands at every w/c. Currently I have Kent, Red Sea, Instant Ocean and PetCo on hand in 1 gallon ice cream buckets. (I knew there was a reason to save all those stupid things)

Rhodes19

I use Oceanic for start up and holding tanks now and in the past, once my tank is up and running I will switch to a homemade salt from a local guy that has always been better than any bucket salt mix. If anyone one is interested in checking out his salt and other products here is the link.

"GETTANKEDAQUARIUMS.com"

Eric

That's and interesting site and product. Makes me realize I don't know much about salt mixtures. :lookaroun

Rhodes19

I've used IO for the past 1 1/2 year but I just got some Coralife. It will be interesting to see if there is a difference.

Ok, I finally finished using the Coralife salt I picked up and I think I don't like it. It may be a coincidence, but after I switched to it my 29g tank started having cyanobacteria problems. Way more than usual. I did like the shirt that come with it though. :weird:

fishhead

Ok, I finally finished using the Coralife salt I picked up and I think I don't like it. It may be a coincidence, but after I switched to it my 29g tank started having cyanobacteria problems. Way more than usual. I did like the shirt that come with it though. :weird:

No such thing as coincidences in reef-keeping:hammerhea .

Tru2nr

i switched to reef crystals because of the levels in the red sea that i was origionally given, and it is about $2 more then the instant ocean at the LFS and has the levels that i want

fishhead

Does this indicate that 41 people here use natural seawater? I was going to post a poll of some type to find this out, but it looks like the info is here?