• Marine Environment 2 part

Votes: 8 1.2%
  • Bio-Sea

Votes: 6 0.9%
  • Other (please specify below...)

Votes: 56 8.1%

• Total voters

Louis

Hey there, I use Instant Ocean and I use it because when I started this hobby, well, actually lifestyle I was referred to it :)

NaH2O

Contributing Member
A question I have is, how many people test their water before a water change (for more than salinity)? After reading about a suspected bad batch of IO, I will consider testing my water before adding it to my system.

Oh, and I didn't vote, as I've not decided on my salt mix yet.

gumhead

I started using IO back about 20 years ago in my FO tanks. Over the years I never had a problem with it. If it ain't broke why fix it ;)

cleartank

I currently use IO, but have used Kent, Tropic Marin, Reef Crystals, Coralife, Aquacraft, and Crystal Sea Marinemix all over a 10 year period.

They all worked great except the "CS Marinemix" which had a noticeable negative reaction on the fish and corals, in addition it was cloudy & dirty stuff; one fifty gallon bag was enough for me. :D

danny254

I've never tried anything else but reef crystals and IO, it's been working for me. :)

This will be a long thread...... I remember the ones on rag, never turned out well, last one was closed cause there were arguments about MDP's posts.

Danny

NaH2O

Contributing Member
Originally posted by danny254
I've never tried anything else but reef crystals and IO, it's been working for me. :)

This will be a long thread...... I remember the ones on rag, never turned out well, last one was closed cause there were arguments about MDP's posts.

Danny

Sshhhh...Let's not remind ReefLady of that.

nivek

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
IO. No problems so far and everything in my tank is looking great.

Curtswearing

It's all good guys. Don't worry about the past. However, please follow Saltyqueen's request and state why you like the product you are using instead of just saying I like XYZ,

I.E. I like XYZ because of ..........

I can think of a number of things to post about. Low phosphate, balanced calcium/alkalinity, consistency, etc. I might add that I put a number of salts in the reviews section for people to comment on. (hint, hint)

I'm recusing myself from the conversation but I'm monitoring for niceness.

sorcerer

Court Computer Wiz
I use IO when I mix it up myself and Kent when I'm too lazy and get it at the LFS. I started with IO because several friends that had been keeping reefs for a long.long time recomended it. I've had no problems with it and every so often I test for pH, SG, alk, and calc before I do a change. So far so good.

reefrunner

Contributing Member
I'm recusing myself from the conversation but I'm monitoring for niceness.

peace.gif

BoomerD

I use IO mainly because it's cheap when I can get it on line, & available just about everywhere when I can't. I've used it for nearly 20 years, and never had a problem.

fidojoe

Fish Addict
I've used IO since I started SW and never had a problem, I have noticed the Ca is low tho, about 380. I'm thinking about switching to Marinemix Pro.

SaltyQueen

Thanks for everyone's input- I didn't realize that there was some controversy about this on RAG :eek: - I was just wondering why people chose the brand they use, so hopefully everyone can just stick to that! It's a personal preference, and I'd like to think that there is no mix that is worse or better than the other, just ones that have different advantages & disadvantages! :)