• Marine Environment 2 part

Votes: 8 1.2%
  • Bio-Sea

Votes: 6 0.9%
  • Other (please specify below...)

Votes: 56 8.1%

• Total voters

josepexx

I'm using Red Sea salt coral pro It works great but what I like about it is that its all natural
The cavity is that its as popular as IO and therefore you cant find everywhere

RoyB

I am new to the hobby and bought Kordons Coral Sea. I don't see it listed, is there anything wrong with it?

reefer gladness

I am new to the hobby and bought Kordons Coral Sea. I don't see it listed, is there anything wrong with it?

This is an old thread and that's a new salt. Even some of the salts listed here that are still around have been re-formulated. In general I think reasonable success can be found with just about any salt mix. Depending on your aquarium some salts will require more supplements than others to maintain stable reef chemistry. I think buying the best salt is worth it but defining 'best' will vary from one person to the next.

Kordon's is not a very common salt, the one distinguishing aspect of this salt is that it includes a de-chlorinator right inside the mix to treat tap water. The thing is, nobody in their right mind will recommend you to use tap water in a reef aquarium - too much other stuff in tap water so most will use RO/DI or at the least RO water to mix fresh batches of saltwater.

Nightfall

I am using IO and have been fromt start...which is almost a month ago lol. Mixes well and easy to follow directions (lol pour salt into bucket, add water, test salinity, add more salt or water until salinity desired reached lol).

Water is clear always with it so far (better than the LFS) and my livestock seem happy enough.

My tests are very very constant and consistent.

Adrienne

I have just started my tank and am using Dupla Marin - this was the one recommended to me by the LFS.