• Marine Environment 2 part

Votes: 8 1.2%
  • Bio-Sea

Votes: 6 0.9%
  • Other (please specify below...)

Votes: 56 8.1%

• Total voters

greene394

We use Tunze salt. We started out using IO, but as soon as we switched to this we noticed our water is crystal clear! Also it helps our calcium and mag up. Mixs up very easily. We love it.

Hexabob

I use a 40 gallon mix rubber maid trash can, and though I am not sure how long the mixing takes I have had decent luck. I was using Red Sea but have recently switched to SeaChem Reef, not sure but have not seen any adverse reactions yet.

Sapphire

I use Red Sea Coral Pro - keeps Ca levels at 450ppm with no extar additions required (I did trythe straight Red Sea salt but add to supplement Ca which I didn't like)

swissgaurd

i was using the redsea pro but have since upgraded to the DD H2O salt
ive been using it for 5 months now it works well,

lance

Alway's have used it love the company never had any problem's with phosphate's in water or other problem's.

lance

A question I have is, how many people test their water before a water change (for more than salinity)? After reading about a suspected bad batch of IO, I will consider testing my water before adding it to my system.

Oh, and I didn't vote, as I've not decided on my salt mix yet.

I do periodically. I use tap water for my FW tanks, and I tested it when I first got my kit. Everything was fine. A few months later, I had ammonia that I couldn't get rid of, no matter how many water changes I did. Turned out that the tap had 1ppm. I had to switch dechlorinators to get one that neutralized ammonia.

And when I start getting fancy RO water when I get my SW, I'll still test it. Water in my area is... frankly frightening, and I don't know that RO will get it all out every time.

redsea reefer

I used Coralife before with no problems.

I switched to Tropic Marin and I started having Cyanobacteria and Hair algae start to appear after the second water change and it gets worse with every water change I do. I did not change my water source or any other thing for that matter. Calcium and Magnesium low also, I don't like this salt at all.

I'm going back to Coralife salt.

Rhodes19

I've used IO for the past 1 1/2 year but I just got some Coralife. It will be interesting to see if there is a differance.