• Bio-Sea

Votes: 6 0.9%
  • Other (please specify below...)

Votes: 56 8.1%

• Total voters

DBrinson

Instant Ocean, until death do us part.

Is it the best salt? Beats me.

I have been using it in some measure for most of the last 25 years and over that time, have had a dozen or so "emergencies" when I needed to get to a LFS and grab massive quantities of salt. Every time, I was glad I used the only kind that everyone carries.

I have my supplementation down to an art form, for the last decade I've employed various calcium reactors with Korallith media made by Knop. Only thing I need from my salt is consistency.

bawla47

ahh, im other on the list!

D-D h2o pro magnesium salt. know atleast a handful of people in my club that also run the same salt and have been very happy.

got tired of always having to bump up numbers of cheaper salt, or having a way high alk from the getgo.

dKH 9.6(salifert) CA 430(Salifert) Mag 1300 (Salifert), K >400(k-z). PH 8.3(RK2)

I use seachem mostly, but whatever cheapest reef salt i find at my lfs I get, I will soon try DIY salt mis, and ill post some stuff about that when i do that.

Tahoe Reefer

I started out using IO, about 3 years, until one day my LFS ran out and I needed salt fast. I had to buy what was left, Oceanic. By the time the bucket was gone my tank looked better than ever and i've never gone back to IO.

DanSReef

I use Brightwell Aquatics NeoMarine... But I have noticed that MG does not test out to the 1288 as they state....and I have been challenged to get my MG levels higher.... So I may be on the road to a change.

philodox

I use Instant Ocean. If it's good enough for the Georgia Aquarium's millions of gallons of saltwater, it's good enough for my 120 :)

DaveK

I use Instant Ocean. If it's good enough for the Georgia Aquarium's millions of gallons of saltwater, it's good enough for my 120 :)

In my opinion, this is bad logic to follow. A large public aquarium goes through a lot of salt, and they need to keep the cost of that down. This means they must go out and purchase the lowest cost product and use that. It doesn't mean that what they are getting is a quality product. In addition, you don't know what they might be doing to supplement it so that it will work far better than what you buy.

DaddyTLi

I am using Red Sea Coral Pro now, first tub. I used Brightwell NeoMarine before that. I love NeoMarine because it is dissolves quickly and have not had a problem for the past three years. I switched over to RS because I purchased the RSM tank. Thought I should try it since I was sold on the video promo. Brightwell was cheaper back then, DFS raised their price by 6 bucks with cost per gal being the same. I switched.

Tom

We recently switch from Red Sea coral pro to aqua vitro. Aqua vitro mixes better. Our tank is also clearer now than it was with the coral pro.

Matt

theplantman

Currently using tropic marine pro reef, will be switching back to DD h2Ocean. I do not see the value of the extra 30 buck per tub.

sromero287

Hello Playa, was browsing in the forum and found ur comment, I'm new in the area coming from Weston Fl, living now in North Palm Beach Fl, starting to work at Singer Island, any specific place you guys collect the water for ur tanks or just anywhere? Thks and really appreciate ur comments and help, Thanks