Tok's RSM 250

modulok

Wow, sorry to hear about your tank. I have a tiny scratch in the lower right hand corner, after seeing two tanks crack in the same spot I am getting worried, lol. I am following to see what RS tells you. I mean a two month old tank breaks?

It's very strange...maybe it does have something to do with the uneven load with the blank corner in the back for the power center. Notice that on the new S line the power center is in underneath the tank. And the overflow is now in the back right corner. Also thicker glass, 10mm on RSM250 and 12mm on 400 & 500, 15mm on 650.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Wow isn't this is the 2nd tank that has cracked on you in 6 months... what a bummer, so sorry to hear ... I know Red Sea took care of you the 1st time... let us know what Red Sea says & does with this go around. A 1st for sure... sad to say... one person having two cracked tanks.

lethal

Has been struck by the ban stick
I can't believe another tank has cracked for you, that's just nuts! Very sorry to hear this and extremely interested in what RS have to say about this. There's going to be a few anxious owners now including me.

Tokalosh

DING DING​

Round_3_K8G9425_xlarge.jpg

Yup its round 3 folks......

After much deliberation with Kevin from Red Sea Max and some very hansom offers I've decided to go in to round three with the RSM 250.
The tanks is been delivered tomorrow with a few complementary extras for all the hassle I have gone through.

Thanks Kevin for the call and will keep you up to date on my progress.

I'm still mystified as to how this has happened and so is Red Sea, all is well with the broken tank inhabitants and the Duck Tap is holding out well with no water seepage at all. I do think a another roll will be purchased when the new tank arrives. Lets pray I'll never have to use it.

Watch this space for build # 3!!

Tok

whippetguy

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Good Luck Tok, I'm sorry you're having to go through all this. Here's to hoping that the next round will last forever.

ho02ody

Glad your going to be back in the game in no time at all,
Did red sea send a rep round to look at the install? Just wondering what they had to say about it if they did?
Hope they gave you ALOT of goodies putting you through all this!

steved13

PREMIUM
Kudos to you Tok!!!

I'm not sure I would have the courage. Sounds like RedSea stepped up for you and made it worthwhile, good for you, IMO no amount of "free" is enough, but good for them, being customer focused also. I was hoping they'd give you a free S 400.

I'll be tuned in to see your progress.

jpsika08

+1 Ask for the 400, pay a small difference to get that tank, I think you'd be happier and more confident.

Tokalosh

Man i would be asking for a 400

I did, it was offered at one hell of a discount but due to space constraint and the fact the it was not a sealed unit I declined.

I live in the UK and some of our flats are built like budgie boxes so no room for a BIGGER tank!

Tok

lethal

Has been struck by the ban stick
Great news Tok and fantastic service from Red Sea. It's a bummer you don't have the room for the 400 so good luck with this new tank. Any idea what the free goodies will be?