Tok's RSM 250

Tokalosh

Hello All

My name is Tok and I've been in the fish world longer than I can remember but still consider myself a Rookie, starting with a gold fish bowl I moved from breeding freshwater to marines and now I'm the proud owner of a RMS 250.

I took on the RSM 250 as a reward for keeping a Tropaquarium 88 (130 Lt) going for 3 years on nothing more than a canister filter and some modification to the lighting. It was a great tank until all the occupants out grew it.

I had my reservations about buying the RSM knowing that not all was well in the early stages, but now that time has moved on and Red Sea have listened to the masses I thought I'd give it a go. After all if I can run a tank on a canister filter for three years this should be a walk in the ocean.

I promised my better half that if I did this upgrade I'd add nothing to the RSM and give Red Sea the benefit of the doubt. So this is it......

This is what I had for three years.

old.jpg

And this is what I upgraded to...

IMG_0948.jpg

Just after the transfer....

New.jpg

And 4 weeks later......

IMG_0946.jpg

IMG_0951.jpg

IMG_0950.jpg

IMG_0955.jpg

and the best part is the skimmer works, its quite and pulls sh1t from the water light a fright train!

IMG_0949.jpg

More updates will follow.

Tok

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Tok - Welcome to Reef Sanctuary and the RSM Club!

Your 250 is gorgeous - the corals and fish look great!

Tokalosh

5 weeks later and all is well some pic's for you all, and thanks for the warm welcome.

Enjoy.

_MG_3136.jpg

_MG_3150.jpg

_MG_3144.jpg

_MG_3163.jpg

_MG_3166.jpg

_MG_3155.jpg

_MG_3172.jpg

_MG_3124.jpg

_MG_3135.jpg

_MG_3127.jpg

_MG_3122.jpg

_MG_3119.jpg

_MG_3118.jpg

_MG_3117.jpg

_MG_3102.jpg

_MG_3100.jpg

_MG_3104.jpg

_MG_3115.jpg

_MG_3146.jpg

Tok

GregT

Very nice indeed - that's a nice Angel. Did you keep your old tank as a backup/QT?
cheers
Greg

Tokalosh

Very nice indeed - that's a nice Angel. Did you keep your old tank as a backup/QT?
cheers
Greg

Thanks all for comments guys.

Greg unfortunately I did not keep the old tank as it was past it's sell by date and starting to fall apart.

Tokalosh

Wow great pictures and beautiful fish.
Does the angel pick at any of your coral's or fish?

mtk I have not seen my angle pick at any of my corals, but she has become rather good friends with my Tang. The only other tank mates the angle finds annoying are the chromes.

Cheers

Tok

Tokalosh

I need help and fast, today I noticed the dreaded Marine White Spot (Cryptocaryon irritans). :evileye:

I noticed it this morning on my Blue Tang who has what looks like a thin white film on its sides and keeps trying to rub his gills against rocks.
I do not have a quarantine tank and I do not want to loos any of my fish.

What can I treat this with, should I use Metronidazole by SeaChem?

Thanks in advance

Tok

Tokalosh

Is it a film or distinct white spots? If it's a film it may be a different disease. Maybe the stickies or a post in this section can help:

Fish Diseases & Treatments

Thanks for the heads up Reefmack, after reading that I've calmed down to a panic. I'll monitor my blue tang over the next few days and see how it goes.
If it all goes south could someone help me out to obtain some Metronidazole by SeaChem for me. I emailed seachem and they regret to tell me that they do not export Metronidazole to the UK. :banghead:

awsome tank :) very inspiring!

Thanks trendy

Tok