Tok's RSM 250

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
I manually top off daily, feed the fish every other day & dose 2 part - I don't really mind - but a dosing pump like some members have is a great addition & more stable

jpsika08

Tok,
I think a CA Reactor is a great addition but you have to really measure your daily demand to justify one.

Balance your levels (Calcium and Alkalinity), once you have the right parameters, let's say, 9 dKH Alkalinity and 420ppm Calcium, stop dosing and re test 24 hours later, with this you will know how much the tank is actually consuming per day, then we can do the math and see how much manual dosing is needed to keep those params on target, if your tank is actually consuming a lot per day and the cost of manually dosing is really high, then a CA Reactor would definitely be needed, otherwise, maybe setup a nice dosing station as the GHL.

Either way better to automate the elements replenishment.

Tokalosh

Tok,
I think a CA Reactor is a great addition but you have to really measure your daily demand to justify one.

Balance your levels (Calcium and Alkalinity), once you have the right parameters, let's say, 9 dKH Alkalinity and 420ppm Calcium, stop dosing and re test 24 hours later, with this you will know how much the tank is actually consuming per day, then we can do the math and see how much manual dosing is needed to keep those params on target, if your tank is actually consuming a lot per day and the cost of manually dosing is really high, then a CA Reactor would definitely be needed, otherwise, maybe setup a nice dosing station as the GHL.

Either way better to automate the elements replenishment.

Thanks Juan for the good advice, I'll test again and go from there.

Tok

Tokalosh

Just installed the RF module I bought for one of my MP10 (£40.00), now they are talking to each other like there is no tomorrow. Woopwoop!!!

IMG_1423.jpg

If left them in anti sync on the Reefcrest random mode for now. What a difference this has made to the current in the tank.

Tok

Tokalosh

Thanks Glenn, Ive been keeping a close eye on my CA and have been dosing every second day.

I'm so gutted that it was a little to late for this guy.... I thought it would bounce back but no such luck.

_MG_3739.jpg

I also noticed I had one of these lurking round the back of my LR, will have to take care of it soon, now where is that Aiptasia-X?

_MG_3710.jpg

Now this is Mr Grumpy, no matter what I tried he would not smile for me..

_MG_3708.jpg

_MG_3726.jpg

_MG_3724.jpg

My Duncan corals are doing great, have a look at the new growth.....

_MG_3735.jpg

This is my Chromis that lost his eye, this doesn't seem to bother him to much and he is eating well.

_MG_3701.jpg

My Maldives Lyretail Anthias.....

_MG_3730.jpg

and lets not forget Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dumb...

_MG_3736.jpg

Thanks for looking

Tok

lethal

Has been struck by the ban stick
Wow, you take some great photos Tok. I love your Flamehawk, I have one just like it that I call Basil from Fawlty Towers. The way he flits about reminds me of him. Call me weird LOL.

whippetguy

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Love the photos, especially the hawkfish. I've been thinking about a longnose hawkfish. I wasn't sure with my firefish and cleaner shrimp if they'd be okay.

Tokalosh

Wow, you take some great photos Tok. I love your Flamehawk, I have one just like it that I call Basil from Fawlty Towers. The way he flits about reminds me of him. Call me weird LOL.

Not at all, e does seem to be in a fluster all the time.

Great pics love your Maldives Lyretail Anthias & Flame Hawk !

Cheers mate.

Good luck with the Aiptasia-X it works well

Job done!

Great pictures!

Thanks

Love the photos, especially the hawkfish. I've been thinking about a longnose hawkfish. I wasn't sure with my firefish and cleaner shrimp if they'd be okay.

Great pics!

The Hawk fish go after the shrimps at all?

Love the tank, -JOHN

Thanks Guy's, you will be pleased to know that my Hawk fish does not bother my cleaner shrimps. In fact he gets a regular cleaning service from the shrimps. Other than that he sticks to himself.

Tok

Tokalosh

I was going through some old photos the other night and came across one of my hammer head when I first bought it back in January 2009.

Thought I'd share.....

January 2009

P1312546.jpg

January 2012

_MG_3742.jpg

_MG_3741.jpg

3 years of coral growth from 2 heads to around 40, and just to think that I almost lost my Hammer on a few occasions.

Tok

catran

Great pics! Love the Flamehawk. That hammer is awesome!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD