Tok's RSM 250

lethal

Has been struck by the ban stick
I was wondering what other fish you have housed with him and does he bother them?

Tokalosh

I was wondering what other fish you have housed with him and does he bother them?

Hi Leigh

I have in my tank with Mr Fuzzy the following fish:

3 X Chromies
1 X Tomato Clown
1 X Yellow Tang
1 X Dot Dash
1 X Flame Angel
1 X Royal Gramma
1 X Green Mandarin

They all seem to get on well with each other and so fare I have not seen any aggressive behavior from Mr Fuzzy towards any of my other fish.

Tok

Last edited:

mtk

Tank's looking good.
Let me know how mr fuzzy plays with others over time. They are so cool I was just always under the impression that they eat anything the can get there moth on.

lethal

Cheers Tok. I was thinking along the same lines as Richie but if they all get on ok I may put one on my shopping list. I've always wanted a Lionfish but didn't think it was possible. Providing I can get one here that is :).

Tokalosh

Merry Xmas to everyone following my thread and a BIG thank you for all your support and advice.

I'll be adding my new MP10 and ATO to my tank on boxing day. Wooohoo thanks Santa!

All The Best

Tok

Tokalosh

Thanks Glenn & Tom

Well it seems that the Tunze ATO has a mind of its own.
After installing it and setting the appropriate levels the ATO seems to turn itself on randomly.

I've installed it in the left hand chamber as this is the only one with enough space.
I set it with enough tolerance but it keeps activating when the water levels have not changed.

I'm open for suggestions before I throw it out the window!

I've also discovered that my existing MP10 is not wireless and would like to upgrade it.
Do I buy the wireless chip that I have seen advertised or do I have to buy the complete wireless module?

Thanks

Tok

ho02ody

TOK if you have the eco smart version of the mp10 es then all you need to do is buy the rf module I think I've seen it for around £47 which is a lot considering its a tiny rf circuit board that u have to attach but nothing cost wise surprises me from ecotech, I'm now looking for an mp10 dry side which is going for around £100!! I had to upgrade my old Vortech but it was one of the originals with the blue driver so had to get the full mp10w es upgrade kit for around £70 quid from charterhouse aquatics on outskirts of London.
Regards
Dan

lethal

Congrats on the new toys Tok. With the ATO, I have mine installed in the right hand chamber. It's a tight squeeze with the chiller pipes but it does fit. The water level stays more constant in that side too so it may be worth considering.

Tokalosh

Thanks for the advice on the ATO, I'll give it a go and see if it works.
I did a few tests today and the results are as follows:

Temp: 25' c
Salinity: 1.025
PH: 8.1
NO3: 0
PO4: 0
NO2: 0
NH4: 0
KH: 70
Ca:400

All readings look good, so why has my Green Open Brain coral decided to die on me and why is one of my Chromies missing an eye?
Something seems a amiss and I just cant put my finger on it.....:dunno:

Tok

dmatt88

The only number that seems out of line is Ph. Have u introduced anything new? Your tank is 8 months or so right? New tank syndrome should be about over.

Woohoo Matt has tapatalk back

Tokalosh

Oops after reading the above I re-did the PH test this time using the saltwater test and not the freshwater test.

PH: 8.1

Tok

jpsika08

Tok,
Ph is low and I'm sure it has to do with the low KH, also calcium is not as it hould be.

Try targeting ph 8.2, KH 9 and Calcium 430ppm

I think people aroun use baking soda (ARM), no sure the cact type, others will suggest which one, this is the cheapest eay to increase it and very effective.

Once the KH begins clmbing, your PH will too.