Tok's RSM 250

Tokalosh

Tank 3 is now up and running, 7 hours of hard slog and a 2 AM finish is not my idea of fun!

This is what I saw when I removed the Duck Tape.....

IMG_1536.jpg

IMG_1540.jpg

IMG_1539.jpg

I inspected the stand and found no water ingress or warping of any kind, in fact it was dryer than the Sahara Desert!

Left Compartment...
IMG_1544.jpg

Right Compartment...
IMG_1543.jpg

We checked the level of the floor once we removed the old broken tank and all was 100% level.

I then put down 1/2" thick polystyrene and on top of that I put a 1/2" slab of plywood and then the cabinet and then the tank.
We then did level measurements once again and all four corners and the diagonals are 100% level.

All the inhabitants are happy and there were no casualties this time round, but only time will tell Tic Toc Tic Toc......

IMG_1547.jpg

So lets re cap....

Tank #1
IMG_1194.jpg

Tank #2
FullTankShotRSM2502.jpg

and now Tank #3
IMG_1547.jpg

Tic Toc Tic Toc.........

steved13

PREMIUM
Just for fun, if you still have the other tank, put a level inside on the bottom, and see if the tank was manufactured level.

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
I found another cracked rsm on rs. U must have good Homeowners insurance. Fingers crossed buddy. I go back to the old saying fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

........ mods please turn ur heads.

lethal

Congrats on getting the changover completed, it looks beautiful. I must say though, you're a braver man than me. If mine cracked I don't think i'd get another 250, good excuse for an upgrade though.

Tokalosh

Hi Guys

I need some advice, since the tank move my yellow tang hasn't lowered his dorsal fin, it's erect 24/7 and the Mrs is beside herself as she is convinced something is wrong. I have to admit I have never seen my tang with it's dorsal fin up permanently so I am wondering whether any of you have had a similar experience and know why this might be happening?

Regards

Tok

Built347

Hi Guys..
it's erect 24/7 and the Mrs is beside herself.

Tok

Lol.. sorry man - had to... nobody gives good setups like this anymore... lmao...

. I wish I knew the answer to your question.. I'm sure somebody does... maybe pm dmatt88.. he is the tang Whisperer..

....pingpong anyone?....