Red Sea Monster 2000L+ in-Wall System

redsea reefer

Waitei Anthias

The Waitei Anthias, also known as the Magenta Slender Anthias, occurs in large numbers among relatively deep water (65ft and greater) reefs in nature. They have a very slender body that is magenta in color with yellow fins. Their caudal fin is split, and some refer to anthias of the Luzonichthys genus as splitfins. The anthias within this genus do not differ in coloration between the male and female, making them difficult to distinguish. They are a very peaceful, and at times a shy fish, that will not harm other fish or invertebrates in the home aquarium.

An ideal aquarium for the Waitei Anthias is a 70-gallon or larger marine aquarium with plenty of live rock for feeding and hiding. These anthias will not harm invertebrates and are well suited for any type of reef aquarium. They enjoy being in numbers of 5 or more which seem to give them a sense of security. Do not house these anthias with aggressive or overactive fish, as this will more than likely cause them to seclude themselves.

Anthias species all share the trait of being hermaphroditic. If a dominant male perishes, the largest female of the group will often morph to take its place. Although because of the similarities in coloration, it is difficult to tell the difference between the sexes.

The Waitei Anthias needs to be fed a variety of meaty items including brine and mysis shrimp, chopped fish, frozen plankton and zooplankton. It may be necessary to offer them live foods such as live brine shrimp or freshwater ghost shrimp to begin feeding.

jpsika08

Thanks Eddie, it seems 5 is the number of these guys! Ain't it too much fish if I also consider the Chromis?

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Pretty fish! From Live Aquaria (I think that's where Eddie got the posted information):

p-80351-Waitei-Anthias.jpg

I have to say I am very jealous >.< I have extreme tank envy at the moment. Just started reading this one today. Time to grab a seat and sit along for the ride.

jpsika08

Thanks Terry and Jason, BTW Jason, I thought your Popeye Catalufa was actually a Blotches Anthias as they seem really alike, but nope, it's a Popeye Catalufa which looks incredible!

Morganrules, thank you and happy to have you on board :)

jpsika08

Woot the Internet did came back! :) and as promised here a couple of pics, one FTS and the other my Fish Hotel (Don't know the name of this skeleton LOL)

FTS: 12-01-2011:
FTS-120111.jpg

Fish Hotel:
Fish-Hotel-1.jpg

I know pics can come out better but compared to the result of last night, 100% improvement LOL

lethal

Has been struck by the ban stick
Looking good Juan, but I can't see any fishies LOL. By the way, did you get my pm?

PIMPALA

Thanks Terry and Jason, BTW Jason, I thought your Popeye Catalufa was actually a Blotches Anthias as they seem really alike, but nope, it's a Popeye Catalufa which looks incredible!

Thanks! I want a blotched anthias for my catalufa to be tank mates with. just having a hard time finding one. they look similar, but their colors are much different.

jpsika08

Thank you all for the nice compliments,

Leigh, thanks, just sent you back a PM, sorry not much of a help :p

Tom, thanks, I'll buy some more barnacles to complete my Marriot resort :D

Glenn, nice composition! what software did you use?

Jason, hope you find the Anthias, really cool fish! good luck

Anthony, thanks, I know, the barnacle does look small LOL

Well, here are my new inhabitants, I present to you... Bruce and Lee (Bruce Lee, LOL) :D

[YOUTUBE]1P5Jcr0h2bY[/YOUTUBE]

slakker

WOW... what an awesome build! I have to stop browsing this site... I keep wanting to up grade my 72g bow front when ever I see these awesome tanks! :)