Red Sea Monster 2000L+ in-Wall System

jpsika08

Thanks Jet, I'm waiting for Friday and hopefully buy more fishies. :)

Thanks Chris, kids can really use their imagination at their own will, hopefully my Chromis (If I hopefully get some) will make it through, I would hate to pick out of the tank dead inhabitants.

Anthony thanks, I'll take an FTS today and post it :)

jpsika08

I offered an FTS for today but my Internet ain't working, the pic I took it but can't upload it, tomorrow will do, :(

Rhodes19

What is the deal with chromis, with the you get a school and still wind up with only a couple are they just that sensitive to changes or something. I bought 4 and only have the one that lived. Just a bummer because I really like how active they are and the whole schooling thing is my favorite.

I read somewhere a few months back that out in the open ocean, chromis are fine but in aquariums (particularly small ones) they become territorial and aggressive and will kill each other off. Don't know that to be true though. FWIW

crespeto

Well in my case the tank is pretty big 125gal, but the initial 4, three just didn't seem to take to the new tank well. The were gone in a day, day and a half at best, and when I could find them they were hiding out in a cave area the whole time. But we digress from talking about Juan and his awsome setup, which I'm sure as soon as he figures out his internet issues we will get to see first hand :)
Hope all is going well Juan, can't wait to see the pics.

jpsika08

LOL Pantie raid!!

LOL

I read somewhere a few months back that out in the open ocean, chromis are fine but in aquariums (particularly small ones) they become territorial and aggressive and will kill each other off. Don't know that to be true though. FWIW

Chris, the other day I saw at one of the LFS's that a chromis was being Rammed by the other same species, he was almost dead when the owner got him out, so yes, I think so too they are very aggressive sometimes.

jpsika08

Well in my case the tank is pretty big 125gal, but the initial 4, three just didn't seem to take to the new tank well. The were gone in a day, day and a half at best, and when I could find them they were hiding out in a cave area the whole time. But we digress from talking about Juan and his awsome setup, which I'm sure as soon as he figures out his internet issues we will get to see first hand :)
Hope all is going well Juan, can't wait to see the pics.

Thanks, hopefully there is already Internet at my house as wife called that people where repairing it in the area.

I will upload pics today, I have been reading also how to take better pictures as the ones I did yesterday really lack total quality LOL, and new fishies will go in the tank tonight too, .... will not tell which are but wait and see. (<-- Mystery will be reveled tonight LMAO) :D

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
I've read a few times that many people that have tried a school of chromis end up with one. It sounds like they may be a peaceful fish, but not with their own kind.

jpsika08

Mmmm, I'm beginning to rethink the Chromis Schooling idea, I will have to give a more in depth read to this, thank you all for sharing :)

redsea reefer

+1 ^....When I first started my tank, the very first fish I added were 2 green chromis. They were fine with each other. A week or two later I added one more cause I read they like to school in three's. The new one got picked on and out-casted by the original two.

jpsika08

Thanks Terry and Eddie

I'm at the verge of getting a Montipora Danae, any one has had experience with them?

DBrinson

It depends a lot on which chromis you get. Not all chromis are equal, most species of chromis behave exactly like the damselfish they are.

I kept a school of 3 blue-green reef chromis (chromis viridis) in an aquarium smaller than yours, they schooled together well and never showed any signs of aggressiveness over three years.

I know I said it earlier in the thread, but I'm still planning to add a school of them some time in the next month.