Karma Reset

Status
Not open for further replies.

JFK_Jr

PREMIUM
Have you ever known me, though, to do something that I didn't believe was in the best long-term interests of RS? Having grown to nearly 10,000 members and made it much longer than most reef forums, has my best not been good enough? I'm asking, because in the end, you have to put your faith in me to do what I believe is the best thing for this community from a long-term perspective.

Travis

Travis... I agree with you that change is inevitable as RS grows, and staying true to you principles sometimes requires putting your foot down.

I guess I'm "Old School"... but I always look back to the people who cared enough to get involved in my life and helped point me in the right direction.

Even though I might have not been too thrilled at the time with their decisions... When I look back now... I'm sure glad that they set me straight!

Keep up the good work... it shows you care...:thumbup:

GeeWizzItsMe

I completely agree and have to say this is what bothered me the most !

I wouldn't let this bother you. I think karma is a fun thing that makes RS different and friendly. When I joined this site, I didn't only take advice from people with high karma. I didn't even know what it was. I think it is cool to have your own karma, even if it is just chatty. It is a more personal thing, anyway. Well, at least to me! Sorry, just my opinion!

kathywithbirds

Sometimes growing hurts... but you get through it. I'm sure the next phase will be good for some, not for others, hopefully fun to play with.

And as an aside, I, for one, will not be dancing nekid in the streets, here or anywhere else.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
To be honest I don't even know how much or little Karma I had... I guess I just never got "into" the amount but got into the giving when/where I felt like it was warranted. For those who thought I deserved and gave it I thank you. For those who didn't I respect that too :) Hey it's all good and we're here to help each other to learn and advance this great hobby. Karma or not we have RS and best of all we have Each Other :)

Life is good!!

Allen

Craig Manoukian

Let's not focus on the pepper in the fish feces! Karma is a very small piece of the puzzle.

Let's focus on the Sticky Threads, welcoming new members, giving sincere and non-judgemental advice, being good aquarium neighbors, the knowledge base, the Photo Gallery, you get my point, eh?

Travis will evaluate the situation and do the best thing for the members and the site, trust me on that.

What makes this site special is all of you being the best you can be and always "paying it forward". From me and all the RS Saff please accept our sincere appreciation for each and of you being here!

Sincerely,
Craig

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Well spoken Craig! And we thank ALL you "Staffers" for helping to maintain a "positive" environment to grow, learn and socialize.

Allen :)

*Virtual Karma for just being a GOOD guy*

Craig Manoukian

:bump: :bump: :bump: :bump: :bump: For you night owls/early risers

Let's not focus on the pepper in the fish feces! Karma is a very small piece of the puzzle.

Let's focus on the Sticky Threads, welcoming new members, giving sincere and non-judgemental advice, being good aquarium neighbors, the knowledge base, the Photo Gallery, you get my point, eh?

Travis will evaluate the situation and do the best thing for the members and the site, trust me on that.

What makes this site special is all of you being the best you can be and always "paying it forward". From me and all the RS Saff please accept our sincere appreciation for each and of every one of you being here!

Sincerely,
Craig

lcstorc

Well said Craig.
One of my favorite things on RS is when a newbie joins the site and then within a couple of months starts advising others. This is just one example of paying it forward and is one of the best things about RS. If they get something wrong someone will come by and correct them but it is so nice that they feel comfortable enough to try and help others newer than they are.

rebekwl

I was wondering what happened to the Karma. I can't wait to see what the outcome is. I will be happy either way, but hope there will be a way to leave comments other than PMs. Thanks to Travis and all the Mods for all of your hard work. I'm sure it will all work out just fine! :D

Lynn- that's one of my favorites too. I remember when that was me!!

Last edited:

Jason25

Karma is not important to me at all. What is very special is when I ask someone for help here then follow their advice and my tank thrives. Then I can come back here and show my graditude by passing that information on when needed.

Whiskey

Just some guy, you know?
It became meaningless when powers that be manipulated the karma of certain members and made it negative to the millions then back to positive to the millions! That cheapened the process and made it look like it wasn't important and that it was able to be manipulated. The karma that others had gained was done in a legitimate fashion based on what each individual contributed to the community.

The only abuse that was evident was when moderators manipulated the karma of other members. That was bold and stood out. I thought giving karma was PRIVATE and no one should have access to that except the two members sharing the karma moment. Unless what I assume was private is being spied-on. So where did the members abuse the system????

I am one of the people involved in this, what Witt did by making my Karma -9,000,000 was done because I asked him too, he was not abusing me in any way. I thought it was odd, funny, and stood out like a huge Dunce cap,.. Really it quite fit me.

I was not aware that by having massive amounts of negative Karma I was upsetting anyone, I thought I was bringing a smile to the board which was my intent. Mine never went positive,.. it stayed negative from the second day I was here,.. It's all buried somewhere in my "Welcome" thread.

I do still hope that whenever Karma does get reset, I can have my -9,000,000 back :)

I'd look naked without my dunce cap.
Whiskey

Whiskey

Just some guy, you know?
Scott has some very valid points and I am sure others agree with him.

Not just someone but a moderator(s).
Perhaps the fix is just not to allow moderators access to karma controls

I want to restate that my -9,000,000 Karma was done because I asked, and if anyone is to be in trouble over this it should be me.

Whiskey

PEMfish

Yeah, We are all getting way to caught up in a little detail that has nothing to do with what this site is about. So we just need to sit back a lil and concentrate on what we came here for. Nobody be mad, there was a problem and he is fixing it for us, and we thank him by yapping bout how we are so upset with it. And there are the good sports, thanks guys. This will be back on track in one way or another, so I personally want to thank him for it. Thanks, Travis.

BEELZEBOB

hey i think this sux.

i totally measured my own personal self worth by that geen line of dots.

i had all this self confidence built up. now, im gonna go emo out and hurt myself

:bigblue:

Craig Manoukian

For those who may have missed this:

What makes this site special is all of you being the best you can be and always "paying it forward". From me and all the RS Saff please accept our sincere appreciation for each and of every one of you being here!

Sincerely,
Craig

vdituri

Craig, I'm sending you a virtual karma hug. Just kidding. Or am I?

This is a great site with great people. I don't believe a small change to a whimsical counter on the bottom of our screens is going to change that.

Hakuna matata! (don't worry, be happy!)
Education through entertainment.

p.s. - Does anyone know where I put my karma wallet? lol

I was sitting next to the reef godz!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.