Karma Reset

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReefLady

Staff member
Sorry guys, but because of an imbalance running wild, I have had to reset Karma back to 100 for ALL MEMBERS.

This will start us fresh on an even footing again, allowing karma to be given and received for the reasons it was meant: For doing things that add value to this community.

For all those who are ticked off, or disappointed, that your karma is gone, I am truly sorry but if it were not stopped from running wild it would have become meaningless.

Asking for karma or giving it reciprocally, among many other things, is not the right way to use or think about this. If we abuse it, it loses all meaning and I simply turn it off.

There have been several posts about this in the past, time for a reminder.

(links to follow)

Travis

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
No problem here~ Hummm.... Travis, can you reset time back to my teenage years! LOL~ :D

Melanie

D`oh!

Its not good to have attachments
even to ones karma.

(where is that Buddha smiley when you need him?)

Here's your Buddha smiley...

happy_buddha.jpg

Melanie

I thought it was a joke and would be reset back to normal in the morning. Like April Fools Day.

Somehow I manage to break all the rules no matter how hard I try. =O(

DaveK

Sorry guys, but because of an imbalance running wild, I have had to reset Karma back to 100 for ALL MEMBERS.

I'm actually kind of glad to see this happen. With all due respect, karma on RS was getting out of hand, to the point where everyone was at "expert level" (even me:) ).

IMHO, karma is something given when a member makes an especially good post, usually by providing important information. I can also see karma being given when someone has major a major loss in their reef, after all, that is additional experience.

Keep up the good work.

DrHank

Fine by me. You could have totally done away with it and it wouldn't have made a difference to me.

lcstorc

Works for me too. Now I can go back to givong newbies karma without shooting them to over 500 points.
I've been wishing there was a way to control how much karma you give to a certain post. Some are worth more than others.

Status
Not open for further replies.