Karma Reset

Status
Not open for further replies.

dobejazz

Sending a PM is a good alternative to karma if you really want to thank someone or give them a special comment.

reefjitsu

I just don't understand what the problem was. It feels to me like a drastic step was taken to deal with a minor issue. I would rather have my karma back. Oh well, I will just have to get over it I guess.

Gina

RS STAFF
Sending a PM is a good alternative to karma if you really want to thank someone or give them a special comment.

This to me sums it up completely!

I'm ok with getting rid of Karma and just sending a pm to thank someone for their help!

lcstorc

I still like the concept of karma and am very interrested to see the new way it is set up. It was a bit out of hand so a re-work sounds like a good idea.

framerguy

I like the PM idea a lot. I wouldn't get karma when I thought it was warranted and get when I was like "what was that for?". If someone likes what I say, pm me. I love pm's. (I wrote pms at first and that seemed wrong somehow.)

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
This to me sums it up completely!

I'm ok with getting rid of Karma and just sending a pm to thank someone for their help!

hmm, I kind of hesitate to pm people, there are those I talk with constantly and others occasionally, pm's are great but its like an invasion of somebody's space? the "Comment Fairy" is a great idea, its not intrusive and "generally" dosent require a response.

DrHank

If you just do away with it, you won't have to worry about what's fair or what isn't. I don't mind sending or receiving a smiley face and the whole world doesn't need to know how many smiley faces I have.

Also, I don't have to look and see how much Karma someone has to determine if they know what they are talking about. I don't act on one person's opinion anyway.

I really think the fairest way to do it is not to bother with it. If you have something positive to say, why not include it in your post.

dobejazz

hmm, I kind of hesitate to pm people, there are those I talk with constantly and others occasionally, pm's are great but its like an invasion of somebody's space? the "Comment Fairy" is a great idea, its not intrusive and "generally" dosent require a response.

Interesting take - I spend alot of time where there is no Karma system so we use Pm's alot for thank yous ect

Techno-Vicki

I really did like the Karma. I felt it added to the site and it was always enjoyable to receve and more enjoyable to give. It was like a gift; however, I believe in going with what the majority wants. I am good either way. Thank you all for adding to this site: your humor, your wisdom, and your humble questions. This is a great place to be.
Vicki

goldenmean

I still like the concept of karma and am very interrested to see the new way it is set up. It was a bit out of hand so a re-work sounds like a good idea.

:bluenod:I agree unanimously!:bluenod:

kathywithbirds

I agree with Sas... PMing is cool, but my PM box gets loaded fast, even with premium membership. And it is a little more "personal," I guess. I like the comment fairy idea alot!! kinda like myspace... it has both "comments" and an "inbox."

XBwlr

If you just do away with it, you won't have to worry about what's fair or what isn't. I don't mind sending or receiving a smiley face and the whole world doesn't need to know how many smiley faces I have.

Also, I don't have to look and see how much Karma someone has to determine if they know what they are talking about. I don't act on one person's opinion anyway.

I really think the fairest way to do it is not to bother with it. If you have something positive to say, why not include it in your post.

I'm with DrHank.

framerguy

On another thread here someone mentioned a "comment fairy", I liked it. Instead of Karma that accumulates or PMing maybe there could be a PC (personal comment) button where you could send someone a thank you or a $%#! you that only they see but doesn't go into a PM box that gets full. It's just there, you look at it, appreciate it (or not) and it's saved or deleted?

Status
Not open for further replies.