Glenn's Reef RSM 250

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Wow - you are racing along LOL! Did you keep the original rockscape, or will you further adjust during the cycling?

rockerdoctor

Glenn,
Considering the RSM250 is 65 gallons, how much cocktail sauce do you have to add?:laughroll
Tom
PS -- Rockscape looks great!

reeferman

looks great Glenn!i was at the lfs today and looked at their new 250 and it has a small[maybe 1/2" wide]piece of glass running the length of the front of the tank just under plastic rim on inside to keep water from splashing up.does yours have that?seems like a good idea.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Thanks everyone for the nice comments ! Reggie mine does have the glass ledge - thanks for sharing, I would have never known they added this...

Added Live Rock (10 pounds of some nice stuff that was full of life, lfs just got it in today, so it's somewhat uncured) should have some nice die-off & help start up the new tank
150.gif

another pic, once tank clears, I have it stirred up now.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Glenn - is there a reason you didn't take any rock from the 130 to seed the 250? Maybe because it all has corals on it?

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Tom it does seem bigger... when I started my 1st tank (the 130D) I wanted to fill it up with corals, I have some pretty ones, but going be a lot more selective this go around... and get some real pretty ones... and some new fish :)

Yes Terry... the main reason is... Xenia and some of the rock had come with some red turf algae, just going to leave this behind
050.gif

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Looks good Glenn! Iain beat me to the request to see the new glass ledge in front. I wonder if any other improvements have been made to the 250 since it came out (other than the Sicce pumps)? I guess you got a 250D! :)