Glenn's Reef RSM 250

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
I guess I did get the D model
1085.gif
nice to know Red Sea has incorporated some improvements, even if I don't know what all they are yet
1043.gif

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Thanks Eddie - I did exactly 50# Marco & 10# LR, I had about 45 in the 130D, but didn't want as much proportionally this go, I might even take just a bit of this out too.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Hard to see the depth... but my rock against the back wall & I have a large area like down sides, the width of my fist & up front like 8 to 10" up front open.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
I might, but I want to put lots of corals on the sand up front... lots
009.gif

The one thing I have learned from my 1st tank... is to envision all the rock covered with coral, in my 130D I had $9.50 a pound $500 of beautiful Tonga Branch & after a year, you could not see one bit of it, all just platform for the corals & my LR filtration.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Glenn - Now's the time to use your experience, think about the tanks you like the look of, and do the envisioning of what you want to end up with - a rock wall, or a more open look with 2 "towers", an open area in the middle, etc. etc. etc., plus what corals and rock you may move in from the 130D. Later on it will be much more difficult to change things. Just because you have all that rock doesn't mean you have to sacrifice what you want - pull some out if it's best to fulfill the vision you have!

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Wish I was in your position and starting up again knowing what I do now. That would be so much fun! Lots of gorgeous 250 tanks. Make it yours Glenn!

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Reggie's tank was another one of my inspiration & really what inspired me to get one was his tanks beauty running near stock - thanks Reggie !

reeferman

your welcome Glenn.i wish i wouldve known how well the t5s would grow acros and i wouldve lowered the rock a little.they grow to the surface now!

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
hmmmm.... that a great point... I think I need to address that with my current scape - thanks for sharing Reggie !!!

This is what makes the RSM club so great... members helping members !!!

reeferman

im having success with a few acros at half tank height.my frag rack was sitting right at half tank at they encrusted and colored well.some of the higher light ones want to be as high as you can get them though.

redsea reefer

You're welcome Glenn! I'm sure however you setup the rocks, the tank will be beautiful...

My guess is a rotting shrimp...

Reggie - What do you consider Millies at for lighting. High up or mid tank...