Search results

1. L

Nudibranch

Does anyone know What species of Nudibranch this is and if is it good or bad?
  2. L

Tiger Pods 4oz Bottles

I have a bunch of Tiger Pods that I have up for sale for $12 a bottle. They normally sell for $15. PM me if interested. Tigriopus Copepods are large red active copepods highly beneficial to Corals, Fish fry, filter feeders and small mouthed animals like sea horses, pipe fish, and Most of all...
  3. L

My Kuda is not doing good?

OK I have had my pony's for a bit now they have been doing very well until today. I believe its the male because he is just a bit bigger then the other one. He has not been eating really well about once a day and has stopped as of now. Today I checked on him and he is just floating around the...
  4. L

Questions about my seahorses setup.

recently I bought 2 seahorses I am not sure what type they are yet. As I was posting about corals in another thread and mentioned I bought 2 seahorses Panmanmatt informed me that its not good to keep them in a reef tank. So I have a 20 gallon for a temp setup that has been running for months and...
  5. L

How much would you pay?

Here is a picture of a rock covered with different kinds of corals that I bought this weekend at SeaSave. It is totally covered. So how much is it worth? I will let you know after all input has been submitted. [/IMG]
  6. L

SeaSave

Well I went to a place this weekend on Saturday called Seasave. It is located in Glen Burnie Maryland. Its about an hour from my home. They are open on Saturdays from 9-6 but if you call during the week most of the time they will open for you because they are there working with the corals and...
  7. L

New Corals and friends. Question on my Candy Cane?

Well I went to a place this weekend and got some new corals. Here are some pics for you. I also got 2 seahorses. But my question is why have my candy canes opened yet? Are they too close to my light or do they just take a few days? Also On my clam. Should he be on the live rock or is he ok in...
  8. L

Sand Sifting Stars.

I am hearing different things about sand sifting stars. Some say they are a very good part of a cleaning crew and you should have one. Others say that they will eat everything in the live sand and when its all gone they will start to go down hill from there. And I have also heard they can also...
  9. L

Oceanproaquatics.com

Well here is my review of oceanproaquatics.com. I just happened to talk to the owner of this company when I was looking for my live rock. His name is Mike, Real nice guy. He helped me with all of my questions. I was actually on the site talking to him on the "click here for a live help" thing...
  10. L

Problems Attaching Corals???? Stressed. Help

Problems Attaching Corals???? Is It Stressed? Help. Please.... In case you don't know yet I have a blastomussa wellsi coral. It is my first and I am not sure how to attach it in place to my live rock. I think I may have stressed it out trying to figure out where to attach it so I have a few...
  11. L

Brown Algae Cycle?

Well I know that while my tank cycles through the 2nd time that I will get brown algae. My question is how long until its gone? All of my levels in the tank are good with only the calcium being a bit low at 300. I believe that this cycle is affecting my water clarity though. My water was crystal...
  12. L

Feeding Corals??

I have noticed that some people are saying that during feeding time they turn off all of the filtration in their tank. Do you also turn off the power heads that are moving the water around so that the water is still during feeding time?
  13. L

Where do you get your corals/frags

I have been looking around to get the best bang for my buck I guess you could say and have been wondering where most everyone here buys there corals from.
  14. L

My 1st coral but cant remember what its called.

This is a picture of the 1st and only coral so far that I have added to my tank but I cant remember the name of it. I looked at so many but this was the one that caught my eye. So what type is it. And any pointers on making sure that it thrives and is healthy. It was not the cheapest one but...
  15. L

Adding Crushed Coral to sump to help control PH?

I am currently trying to get my ph to stabilize at 8.3 and I have been all over the place from 7.7 to 8.6. My nitrate is still high at about 20ppm but I am just now closing on my 2nd cycle but every thing else is fine. I have done about a total of 4 water changes of about 25-35% so far. I have a...
  16. L

Ready to start adding the Cleaners, ect. HELP

well I have posted for awhile in the meet and greet forum and thought I should move to here now. I have a nice setup now 40 gallon breeder tank with 10 gallon sump, 175 watt 15000 metal halide, about a 2-2.5 gallon canister filled with just carbon. 80 lbs of live sand and 65 lbs of live rock...
  17. L

NEW TO THE REEF.....Questions......

Hello all. I am new to the reef keeping hobby, I have freshwater tanks 1 large and 2 smaller ones and am ready to start a reef tank. I don't have many challenges in freshwater so I am setting up a reef tank and also have some questions. First I would like to say I am going slow with this setup...