Nudibranch

LiVEWiRE

Does anyone know What species of Nudibranch this is and if is it good or bad?

Attachments

• DSC02788.JPG
    DSC02788.JPG
    28.9 KB · Views: 65

Stacef

Ahh, it doesn't look like a good one to me. But I do not have experience with many nudi's.

Others will chime in.

LiVEWiRE

Yea my camera does not take the best pics. I will move him to the refugium until I can get a better pic or a positive ID.

ReefLady

Staff member
Difficult to ID. Looks like the type of Nudi that eats zo's or corals. Most nudi's are opportunistic feeders and very specialized eaters. I would not recommend keeping them in the display tank unless you have a positive ID and are certain it feeds only off algae, etc.

lcstorc

I can't find the RS thread but it looks an awfully like the zoa eating nudi. Do a google image search and see if you agree.

lcstorc

I should know to look for abbreviations by now. Sorry hard to multitask at work. Yes Teri that is exactly the one.
Thanks

lcstorc

I looked at that one but it didn't seem right somehow. I am certainly no expert. From what I can see one eats zoas and one eats montis.

LiVEWiRE

I think you got it with the Zoa eating Nudi. although he had to be in the tank for at least 3 weeks. But all my Zoas are fine and I just got in 2 large montis at the same time and they are fine also. I don't want to take a chance so I put him in a sump I have and if he is still there in a week or so I guess he is eating something other than Zoas or montis. Thanks all for helping me out on this one. I will let you know if I find out anything else.

lcstorc

In either case you want to very very carefully do a search and destroy mission for eggs. They spread rapidly and can do a lot of damage quickly. I believe a FW dip takes care of the adults but the eggs have to be manually removed