Search results

1. vdituri

Need an Snail ID

Anyone know this guy? He eats cyano like its going out of style which is why I bought him. Funniest looking snail I've ever seen. Sits burried under the sand and all you see are his eye stlaks and this long elephant like grey trunk coming up out of the sand like a snorkel vacuum. Any...
  2. vdituri

O.T. - The Clam returns from Hawaii

ALOHA Reef Sanctuary. Had a great time working and playing in Oahu and Maui Hawaii. Weather was moist, humid but not cold. My counterpart over there gave me a handmade lei. (Thanks Cheryl) Took tons of pics so I'm just posting the links to my photobucket albums here. If nothing else check out...
  3. vdituri

Anyone know this algae?

Anyone seen this type of algae before? Doesn't seem to be spreading or anything, but it's the first kind to grow other than coralline. The fish and cleanup crew seem to eat everything else. Any info is appreciated. Thanks
  4. vdituri

O.T. - Thank You for your time Jack.

Just wanted to give a shout out to Jack and Vicki. I took a road trip today and drove the 150 miles down to Jack & Vicki's shop in Fresno. Got up at 8, got there at around 11:00 met up with jack close to 12. Spent 3 great hours talking reef. (probably the same time Vicki was getting her...
  5. vdituri

O.T. - Early Thanksgiving animation.

My folks sent me this link. Kinda cool. Somebody has waaaay too much time on their hands. lol Turkey in the Straw - animated Flash ecard by Jacquie Lawson Bon Apetito!
  6. vdituri

Ricordias and Yuma Rare and Common colors?

Anyone now what are the most common Ricordias and Yumas and what colors are considered rarest? Some kind of spectrum from common to rare (left to right would be cool) I see all kinds of colors, but before I go shopping for one I would like to be armed with info before getting duped for a...
  7. vdituri

The Clam Chronicle - Hold on Gary, we're going for a ride!

Well, I was thinking today that I never started a chronicle and then Dentoid PM'd me asking if I had one and I had to confess the awful secret. lol Part because all my really good start pictures were on my computer when it was stolen in Dec 06. Merry Christmas! haha And then I upgraded from a...
  8. vdituri

OT: Broke 20,000 karma! What now?

I heard a rumor on here that I get a new car? What kind? I hope it's a prius. I need something that I can affordl to drive. Unless it's one of those cars that run on french fry oil. Which in all thought would be very annoying since I might not want fries when I smell them. Like what if it's...
  9. vdituri

Frogspawn babies.

Something new for me. I've had my branching frogspawn multiply by splitting polyps. Had it for about 9 months, (no really) and it's gone from 1 polyp $12 to four polyps. Now I noticed I have baby polyps sprouting from the base. There are about 3 or 4 underneath the big polyps. Too cool. I...
  10. vdituri

O.T. - Happy Canadian Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving to all our neighbors up north! Just saw it on my calendar. lol What are the Canadian traditions for Thanksgiving? And what are you thankful for? Besides your reefs. Sasquatch, I'm putting you down as thankful for band-aids and pipe wrenches.:invisible
  11. vdituri

Eeeeewwwww! It's in my tank.

Anybody know this guy? Him and his buddies smuggled themselves past security on a green star polyp colony. Picked 3 this size. 1cm long and about a dozen white juveniles. Before anyone suggests a freshwater dip forget it. They're impervious. Left it in a cup of FW for like 5 mins and then put...
  12. vdituri

OT: The Crazy Clam is back!

Well I've been gone for far too long, but now I'm back. Kooky clips, quips and all. Took 2 weeks vacation on the Oregon coast. Had a blast. Taken me a while to get back into the swing of things after getting caught up at work among a long list of other things. Here's a link to some...
  13. vdituri

O.T. - Vacationing on Oregon Coast

Probably one of my last chances to post for a while, I'm going on vacation to the Oregon coast north of Coos Bay and Bandon. Gonna live on the dunes after a pit stop in Portland. Friends and family are bringing the R.V.'s and we get to park 5' from the beach. Beachside gamboree. Me, I'm...
  14. vdituri

Please I.D. this pink blob

O.k. I've had this entity on a rock that came with some hairy mushrooms. Its been in my tank for about a month but hasn't changed much. Closest I've come up with is a pair of disembodied lips. lol It almost looks like the start of another type of mushroom, cabage leather? This is why I am...
  15. vdituri

O.T. - Going to Orlando for the weekend

Going to Orlando for the weekend for work, :idea: back on Tuesday, off on Wednesday. who hoo! MIGHT have some free time. lol Any must see LFS, aquariums etc. in the area?
  16. vdituri

OT - New Corals found in New Guinea

Great little article. Amazing part about the coral species density down there. Trove of new marine species - World Environment - MSNBC.com Bon Apetito!
  17. vdituri

I.D. Please. There is a caterpillar in my tank.

Will it grow up to be a beautiful butterfly? :angel3: Anyone know what it is? About 1 inch long.
  18. vdituri

OT: What about a good night thread?

So someone needs to start one. (Sorry if I missed it somewhere, let me know o.k?) Good night all. East coast is probably all asleep by now, but good night little reefers. Don't let the fire worms bite. Hasta la vista baby!
  19. vdituri

Urchin I.D. please.

This guy came in on a rock with some red macro algae. He is currently cooling his jets in my QT tank. Any chance he/she is reef safe? I've been looking on line for an hour and the best I could come up with was Eucidaris Metularia? But could not find info on them. It seems like algae eater...
  20. vdituri

More Deep Sea Creatures

Just saw this on MSN.com. Pretty cool stuff living down there. Polar depths yield hundreds of weird species - Science - MSNBC.com Enjoy.