Frogspawn babies.

vdituri

Something new for me. I've had my branching frogspawn multiply by splitting polyps. Had it for about 9 months, (no really) and it's gone from 1 polyp $12 to four polyps.

Now I noticed I have baby polyps sprouting from the base. There are about 3 or 4 underneath the big polyps. Too cool. I didn't know they had a backup plan. Must be one happy coral. lol

Attachments

• frogspawn baby.jpg
    frogspawn baby.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 124

DrHank

Mine hasn't sent out any babies but it's gone from 2 heads to 6 in about a year.

Melanie

I love it! Very cool picture. Frogspawn is on my future wishlist too. They just look so nice!

Amphibious

It's one of the cool things happening in our reef tanks. This 9 head Branching Hammer coral began melting away two months after buying it. I think about 5 heads died and the melting stopped. Shortly after little heads started growing out of the dead heads.

Hammer-11-15-06-1.jpg

This is such a cool hobby to be involved in.

Dick

Amphibious

Thanks, Dentoid. However, as anyone that knows me will tell you, I've touched a few things in my life that turned to crap, too. :smck: :)

vdituri

Just a thought. Did the lighting increase dramatically at any point?
Maybe they were sunburned instead of melting?

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
By melting do you mean they had a "brown translucent jelly" appearance for a few hours and dissolved?