Eeeeewwwww! It's in my tank.

vdituri

Anybody know this guy?
Him and his buddies smuggled themselves past security on a green star polyp colony.
Picked 3 this size. 1cm long and about a dozen white juveniles.
Before anyone suggests a freshwater dip forget it. They're impervious. Left it in a cup of FW for like 5 mins and then put in a cup of saltwater to see if it worked. I think he laughed at me. Not sure, his mouth is really small.
Haven't seen them heading anywhere. Did get a 6 line wrasse in the hopes that they taste like chicken.
Any input or previous experience with this species is appreciated. I'm working through a website that has like 500 kinds of slugs and nudi's.
Are all nudibranches slugs and are all slugs nudibranches?

Attachments

• sluggo.JPG
    sluggo.JPG
    7.4 KB · Views: 153

framerguy

I recently read that all nudis are slugs but all slugs aren't nudis, but I don't have the book in front of me to quote it. but most people lump all slugs incorrectly as nudis.

kyrie_eleison

Has been struck by the ban stick
flatworms. The worst. use Flatworm exit. Or take your rock and do a Freshwater dip. I love watching the dead flat worms float to the surface.

DrHank

Six line wrasse might work. Flatworm exit will definitely work. Since you have the six line, if you start to see more rather than less, I'd go for option #2.

vdituri

O.k. didn't think it was a nudist. No frilly apendages.

Did find a close twin on nudipixel.net.
Dermatobranchus sp.
It doesn't specify whether it is a seaslug or flatworm.
Which brings me to my next question.
Are there any visual differences to separate a seaslug from a flatworm?

p.s. - Freshwater dips have no visible affect on them. They hold on with their back ends. I was squirting them vigourously with a turkey baster.
I resorted to removing with tweazers. Didn't see any last night so hopefully that lazy wrasse is doing his job. lol

Attachments

• slug.jpg
    slug.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 101