Ricordias and Yuma Rare and Common colors?

vdituri

Anyone now what are the most common Ricordias and Yumas and what colors are considered rarest?

Some kind of spectrum from common to rare (left to right would be cool)
I see all kinds of colors, but before I go shopping for one I would like to be armed with info before getting duped for a "rare" color. I know the combo color combos and rainbows are more expensive.

Any info guys?

vdituri

Is that for both Rics and Yumas?

I saw a blue ric online for $20 and thought blue would be harder to find, but I know Yumas are a different story all together.

Cassette87

What craig said:)

With the R. florida you have:
Rare - Yellow
Uncommon - Blue, Bright orange
Common - Greens, pale orange/brown

With R. yuma:

Rare- Hot Colors/Combo Colors
Common - Pale Purple/Greenish colors. Most pale colors

This is around Chicago at least :) Hope this helps!

flricordia

Yes, I would agree. Yumas in the red to purple range seem to bring the most attentiona nd price.
Personally I think the lemon Florida ricordias are kind of rare. Unfortunatly they seem to turn green once in my tank for a time.

Triggerjay

So what would this be considered?
125g031.jpg

Or this?
55g-9-10-07036.jpg

I have two of the blues, and am going to offer one up for the next round robin.. I don't know if they are floridas, or yumas...as I don't know the difference..

Jason

vdituri

I just asked a guy this weekend that very question cause I've been confused for a while.

He said the biggest difference is the size of the bumps. Large bumps are yumas and small bumps are ricordeas.

But if the yuma is unhappy then its bumps might not be fully inflated.
So the top one looks like a yuma and the bottom looks like a ricordea.

Love that bottom one!

Triggerjay

ok, now I am confused. I thought they were both ricordeas, and one was a ricordea yuma, and the other a ricordea florida? I have seen the term yumas & rics used to compare, but arent they meaning, floridas & yumas? Sorry,.. just a little confused on the terminology...

Jason

vdituri

That would still make sense.
If the general rule of thumb is to call ricordea yumas - Yumas
and ricordea floridia - Ric's or general ricordeas.

This is why the experts use Latin. lol

Pluse we already have a bunch of floridians around this site.

Triggerjay

Oh yeah.,,, I changed some settings on my camera, (don't know which one!)and the top ric is actually bright blue, not green as it appears in the pic..

Jason

Techno-Vicki

I agree with much of what was said above with a few exceptions:
I have both Floridas and Yumas and have been frustrated myself with them. First, if you are not careful with the Yumas, they are easy to kill, the green shades (much cheeper) will die if they have much light at all (I killed a few). Also, I have a pink yuma that is 4 inches across and is rare. I have several 2 inch bright oranges that were about 1/2 the price at the wholesaler, so yes they are not as rare but will run you from 70 to 150 dollars depending on the store and the size. The dull colors will run any where from 25 to 75 again depending on size and LFS pricing.

Floridas I have found little difference in these, except the greens (again light sensitive) are less. You can buy them on the web for about 16 to 25 dollars for small ones of about any color. I purchased my rock of bright orange for 14 per leaf at wholesale cost. It was a costly rock. I have worked on propagating them, and I lost several in the first 2 trys. I finally have it down and am slowly propagating them. I am not propagating the Yumas at this time.

Good luck

caitrina

I can pick up the blues all day long for about 8-12.00 around here, same as my orange and yellows, depending which LFS I go to. I have a dusty pink yuma like the one in the picture posted above which I paid a little more for but I have many orange, yellows and blues in my tank for which I paid very little and some even free. The one orange I have is neon orange and I wish I could get a decent pic of it.

Techno-Vicki

Here are: my rock, pink, one orange humm... I might find others, except my pic file system is not the best:drool:

Attachments

• orange-ric3.jpg
    orange-ric3.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 97
  • 1ric_rock_lg4.jpg
    1ric_rock_lg4.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 97
  • pink-ric-5.jpg
    pink-ric-5.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 96

Triggerjay

I also have a pink one,. It is a neon pink, around the outer edge, and white in the middle. Don't have a pic of it though, and I am at work.. :(

Jason

Octoman

I don't know if this one is rare or common, but I really liked the colors. Unfortunately, I relocated it in the tank and apparently didn't secure it well enough. That night it fell into the rock anemone and was eaten. Then it was regurgitated and amazingly it seems to be recovering well! The anemone looked a little sick the next day too...

I can't quite figure out what lighting to keep it under, I figured higher lighting because of the brighter colors.

markfishies125.jpg