O.T. - The Clam returns from Hawaii

vdituri

ALOHA Reef Sanctuary. Had a great time working and playing in Oahu and Maui Hawaii. Weather was moist, humid but not cold. My counterpart over there gave me a handmade lei. (Thanks Cheryl)
Took tons of pics so I'm just posting the links to my photobucket albums here.
If nothing else check out the Hanauma Bay photos. My Boss' son had an underwater digital camera. I need to get one of those. I took some of the underwater pics, but not all. :)

Edit: Photobucket albums link: vdituri/Hawaii - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Had a day to go to Hanauma bay on Oahu and do some snorkeling. Tons of fish, but not very much coral at all, just liverock. HUGE parrot fish. One looked 2 feet long. It's nice to see how big some fish get in the wild.

http://s242.photobucket.com/albums/ff158/vdituri/Hawaii/Hanauma Bay/
Then went to Maui for a few days and had the opportunity to go to the Maui Ocean Center. Great coral displays and amazing collection of rock fish. And some of the fattest yellow tangs I've ever seen. The video on the plane said that the yellow tangs are becoming very hard to find in the wild. Mostly because of the aquarium export trade. So if you have one, take care of it.

vdituri/Hawaii/Maui Ocean Centr - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Also had a day to go whale watching. If you haven't had the chance I highly recommend it. Safari tours at Lahaina was a great group of tour guides. We got very upclose and personal. Some swam right under the boat. Mom's, babies, bachelor whales. Great time.

vdituri/Hawaii/Whale Watching - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
And also captured some great general photos of scenery and stuff.

vdituri/Hawaii/General Photos - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Mahalo for stopping by.
Hope you enjoyed the pics. :cool:

PC310152.jpg

framerguy

Welcome Back!!!!I'm glad you had a great time. The linkys don't work but I can type in the address if you don't fix it.

vdituri

O.k. if somebody knows what I did wrong on the links please PM me.
I have no clue. May take me a little time to respond as I need to go to the airport again. This time to pick someone up.

I figured out how to insert them directly into the message, but there are way too many.

boozeman

O.k. if somebody knows what I did wrong on the links please PM me.
I have no clue. May take me a little time to respond as I need to go to the airport again. This time to pick someone up.

I figured out how to insert them directly into the message, but there are way too many.

:dunno: :invisible

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
I just copied them and pasted them into my browswer. Great shots and it looks like it was great trip.

vdituri

I didn't know what size everyone wears so I just left them at the giftshop.
Just fly to Hawaii, drive to the store and tell them what size you wear.
I put down a $1,000,000.00 deposit so it's all taken care of. :fishy:

Did we get a smiley upgrade?
Hmmm. smilies! :yehoo:

vdituri

O.k. added the link to photobucket in my signature and added a link into the original post.

Seems to be working. For now.... :nopity:

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Welcome back Victor! :hallo:

You need to edit your original post and correct the links to each photo IF you want them to show one at a time :)

vdituri

Yes. The rare albino NorCal Clam.
Sporting his new $160 prescription goggles.
I'm going to have to make a point of using those so I get my money worths out of them. The snorkeling alone was worth it. :ponder2:

Doni, I was trying to post the links so they would link to the 4 different albums at photobucket.
I tried a test post in preview, but the thread would have been HUGE with the individual pics.

BarbMazz

It just wasn't the same without you, Victor! Glad to see you had a nice time... I'll look at your pics later when I have some time.

Didja see the new smiley yet?!?!?

:nekid: :nekid: :nekid:

tbittner

Welcome back, Victor! Many years ago when I vacationed out there I turned into a fish too. Snorkling all day, every day. Couldn't get enough of it.

Is this an achiles tang?
P1310329.jpg

vdituri

Terry, I'm not sure. He didn't introduce himself. He just mooned me and swam away. lol Tons of great looking fish. My favorite was the box fish.

Steve, I think theres a typo in your post. There's an extra "n't" in it. :)

Barb, that was the first new smiley I noticed. How do we get one named after us? Can we buy one like a memorial tile or something? :)

Kathy, that is my tan. You should see me when I'm NOT tan. Gotta wear shades. :apimp: