Search results

1. R

S650 for Sale -- NY Tri-State Area

I would think you would do better with pics and price. How much for just the tank( complete? )
  2. R

Neptune Apex and RSM

I have an Apex on my 130d,it controls two heaters, my chiller, ato and automatic water change. I change out one gallon per day. I also have a cabinet light that goes on when you open the door controlled by the apex. My lights are still on the stock timer.
  3. R

Max 130/D circulation pumps

The fit is the same either way, I just turned the nozzle 180. The pump was noisy when installed per the directions( before I realized my level switches wouldn't fit.) My pump fills the whole width of the chamber pretty much, is yours the same?
  4. R

Not sure why it would matter, but in the interest of full disclosure, I ignored the directions and put the outlet nozzle on the left vice right to clear my level switches.
  5. R

Thanks jrbass, mine is still noisy, but moves a ton of water, I had to add a couple inches to the back chamber. The pumps i removes were the ehiem "upgrade" ( more reliable but move less water than stock)
  6. R

Bob is your upgrade pump really loud? I am very disappointed in how much vibration noise mine makes, I spend an hour fussing within, but the pump is so big that it's has to be touching at least one side. You are right it does move a lot of water.
  7. R

RSM250 skimmer isn't doing much of anything....

My Tunze in my 130d bubbles whitish clear bubbles all the time, but takes forever (weeks) to fill the cup, if I turn up the air, all I do is get a cup full of clean water. I do 1 gallon per day water changes(automatic) and my take is very clean and healthy looking, so I don't worry about it much.
  8. R

Anyone get these kits in the USA yet?
  9. R

Anyone seen the other color choices of the S-series?

My local shop has the blue- it looks very sharp.
  10. R

Vortech MP10 keeps falling

The rubber pads are very clean as I worry bout the glass getting scratched. All my snails are small, small enough that some could get into the wet side.
  11. R

I was wondering if it was a snail stopping the propeller. Not sure what i could do about it if that is the cause. Thanks for all the ideas. Keith
  12. R

Yes on the sticky pads
  13. R

Twice in the last week, and several times in the last month, my MP10 fell off my 130d. I'm not using the spacer and the glass is clean. It happens at night when the pump is in reduced speed. The rubber on both halves is in good shape and the heads are aligned properly with no vibration. Any ideas?
  14. R

Poll: Filter floss in RSM 130D

SteveT rack, blue white,change maybe 2 times week. I just ordered the white/pink to try.
  15. R

making the plunge

I had 40# of live rock to start, and found it to be a bit much, I'm guessing I took close to 10 back out( 2 decent size rocks) I kind of like seeing some bare sand, wish I had more :)
  16. R

Matt's RSM 130D Adventure

I don't know if your cubes are the same size as mine, but I also have 4 fish (2 clowns,goby and a dotty back) I cut one cube into very small pcs and feed 2 pc per day. Each cube is cut into like 12? Pcs. Everything seems healthy- I have had the fish about 4 months. I also have lots of snails and...
  17. R

DET 130D Startup

Listen to Acanman re less is more. I bought 40+ pounds for my 130D(per FLS) and ended taking some out after a couple weeks and it was still too much. You need to have lots of places for fish to hide, but also need places for coral frags. My rockwork is pretty high which puts things real close to...
  18. R

how much Seachem Purigen

me too on the 100ml in my 130
  19. R

Help with Auto Top Up unit on Red Sea Max 130

I use an Apex with float switches for ATO in my 130D. I have a chiller and have removed the rear fan, I now use about 2 gallons a month(taking out the rear fan drasticallly reduces water use) Before I had the chiller and with the fan in place, I was topping off just under 1/2 gallon per day...
  20. R

Skimmer Cup Fitment

The tube should fit cleanly down in the skimmer, and the bottom of the cup should rest evenly on the round rim of the skimmer. It's a loose fit and will move if bumped, but should sit level.