Matt's RSM 130D Adventure

mattreidy

Looks like I've got some new babies in the tank... a first for me and kinda cool, I think.

IMG_3399.JPG

Ripperj

I don't know if your cubes are the same size as mine, but I also have 4 fish (2 clowns,goby and a dotty back) I cut one cube into very small pcs and feed 2 pc per day. Each cube is cut into like 12? Pcs. Everything seems healthy- I have had the fish about 4 months. I also have lots of snails and 2 shrimp. RSM 130d.

mattreidy

Thanks for the advice on chillers - they aren't inexpensive, are they...

Anyone know what the little tubes popping up out of my sand bed might be? They appear hard and don't move. Nothing comes out of them. They appeared when my MP10 moved the sand around (uncovered them) and are about 1/8"-1/4" tall in this photo. They aren't snails... Are they some kind of tube worm or something?
IMG_3401.JPG

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
They are either Feather Dusters or Vermitid Snails, if they have "spider webs" coming out of them... they are the latter.

Chillers do cost a bit & a bit to run too...

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
You are very welcome - many tanks have a few, a few are just harmless filter feeders, it you happen to get to many, you can snap them off or super glue the tops.

ksicard

Hey matt tank looks great! and BTW I updated my journal as you requested. Sorry for the late update.

Also I love the fact that you have tang in your tank. there my fav type of fish. How is yours fairing? Most people and my instinct tells me not to add one.

mattreidy

Thanks Kyle - my blue tang is super happy. She's the most social fish in my tank and pals around with one of the two clowns as well as interacts well with my diamond goby. She eats the frozen mysis shrimp that I feed everybody and she nips at seaweed that I clip in the tank every few days. I'll trade her in at my LFS for another juvenile or sell her when/if she gets too big for the 130. I don't regret adding her one bit and don't see why you should either. She's my most expensive fish @ $49.99, but also the most beautiful, IMO.

mattreidy

I got my first SPS, a frag of Blue Tort (Acropora Tortuosa) - This should be interesting...

Here's a new full tank video with the latest addition.

[video=youtube;Q1JEkIl7Sgk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1JEkIl7Sgk[/video]

mattreidy

Thanks Kyle - my blue tang is super happy. She's the most social fish in my tank and pals around with one of the two clowns as well as interacts well with my diamond goby. She eats the frozen mysis shrimp that I feed everybody and she nips at seaweed that I clip in the tank every few days. I'll trade her in at my LFS for another juvenile or sell her when/if she gets too big for the 130. I don't regret adding her one bit and don't see why you should either. She's my most expensive fish @ $49.99, but also the most beautiful, IMO.

Here are a few pics of my tang playing with the clown and goby.
IMG_3414.JPG

IMG_3415.JPG

ksicard

Yes tangs are my fav fish, absolutely stunning. And I see you have a similar idea as to what I'm doing with my eel. The old grow and swap =)

mattreidy

I picked up a few new things for the tank from a local reefer looking to thin out one of his tanks. A small Yellow Tang (Zebrasoma Flavescens) and a 3" Golden Clam (Tridacna Maxima). I know the tang will outgrow the tank in short order and will be sure to trade him out before he gets too big.

Kevz71

Very nice tank guy, I'm new to the whole reef chat sites, and clueless to how to post Pics and add profile pic and ect, I have a RSM 130 my brother inlaw went out and spent about 3k on this tank and all the goodies chiller , top off, wave maker ect. He blindly threw it all together after being told by others that u don't need a good aged/ cycled tank! Well I tried to tell him to slow his roll! Lol well needless to say after about 5 months he was like u want this ?? And I was like sure lol 5 years later I got most all of the coral to come back and the tank looks pretty good in my opinion, would like to see what others would think so if someone could clue me in on how to work this site I'd like to share ;) also im trying to run the chat with my iPhone 4S if that makes a difference .

mattreidy

Very nice tank guy, I'm new to the whole reef chat sites, and clueless to how to post Pics and add profile pic and ect, I have a RSM 130 my brother inlaw went out and spent about 3k on this tank and all the goodies chiller , top off, wave maker ect. He blindly threw it all together after being told by others that u don't need a good aged/ cycled tank! Well I tried to tell him to slow his roll! Lol well needless to say after about 5 months he was like u want this ?? And I was like sure lol 5 years later I got most all of the coral to come back and the tank looks pretty good in my opinion, would like to see what others would think so if someone could clue me in on how to work this site I'd like to share ;) also im trying to run the chat with my iPhone 4S if that makes a difference .

Thanks! It sounds like you should thank your sister for the nice tank... ;)

I think a lot of people here use photobucket.com for hosting pictures (you don't actually upload them here) - I personally use Google's Picasa web for the same purpose. Once you have photos uploaded to a site like that, you can get a link to each photo you want to share and insert them in between the proper tags here and they's show up in the thread. Avatars, signatures, etc for this site are all managed on the User Control Panel (UserCP in the top right of the pages on this site). Once you start using it, it's all pretty simple.

We would love to see your tank and have you share your progress!