Search results

1. G

Gav' RSM 250

Hi been a couple of months since my last update. Ive been fairly slack with the mantainence latley so the tanks a bit dirty but I have a better camera now so the pictures should get better as I learn how to use it. Main problem over the past few months has been trying to get enough space Ive...
  2. G

Gav' RSM 250

Thanks for the comments all. Funlad3, most of the scollys (especially the good ones) get exported to the U.S.A because the price is apparently much higher over there. This means that if a good quality scolly somehow ends up in a retail shop over here it will probably be overpriced. There is 2...
  3. G

which fish?

I'd go for the midas or bi-color. The six line wrasse looks really nice and should be OK with your other inhabitants because your gramma is in their already. I've heard they can be a little aggresive but I guess it just depends on what else your planning on getting later. To be honest it can be...
  4. G

Gav' RSM 250

Hi, I gave the aquascape a trim over the past week. Got a couple of new smaller corals as well as a big lobo. Some really nice Zoa's and mulitcolored morphs plus an Acan frag that looks pretty promising if it can only hold its colour and grow. Still havent got myself a decent camera yet but the...
  5. G

Gav' RSM 250

Made a few changes recently. I Hooked up a Tunze Osmilator and a Hailea HC300A chiller during the week. They are both working well although hooking up the chiller was an absolute pain in the ass (even managed to give myself an electric shock). Chillers do not like water on the outside of them...
  6. G

Pumps for chiller

Hi, Winters nearly over here so Im going to hook up a Hailea HC300A to my RSM 250 but Im not sure about the pump for it. I want to put the pump in the same chamber as the secondary circulation pump but I dont know which ones will fit. Anyone else using the same chiller got any tips for me...
  7. G

You know when your a reef head when...

When you ask for a raise by saying "I have a reef and two kids to look after"
  8. G

RS Reef Care package

Hi Kev, Just wondering if there is any update on the problems people are having with the PO4 tests results as per posts on page 15 of this thread (e.g. Sharons and mine)? It looks like quite a few people are having the same problem and always getting a reading of 0.08. As per your advice I...
  9. G

RGB LED strip for RSM 130

Im going to hook up one of these (blue + magenta) to my rsm250 Stunner LED Strips . They have an add on that will change the colour uusing a remote control as well I need to read up more on that part but it looks pretty impressive on this video, seems really cheap as well...
  10. G

Gav' RSM 250

Hi all, Been a while between updates so Ive got a few new things and some more pics. Tanks been going smoothly for a long time now, water levels are all still as per front page of this thread and really don't seem to move, ever. Even after a bigger then normal water change I can't see any...
  11. G

Gav' RSM 250

Thanks all. Those Hydor things look pretty cool.
  12. G

Gav' RSM 250

Hi, Just thought I would update my tank journal. I got some new corals yesterday direct from the collector. Even had to go and pick them up from the airport lol. A while back I got another one of those blue squamosa clams a bit smaller than the other but otherwise identical. The new additions...
  13. G

Which vortech pump for my RSM250

I use an MP40 in my rsm250 and I know people who have 2 MP40's hooked up in their rsm250 and run them both at 80% in reefcrest mode.
  14. G

RS Reef Care package

Like a few others here Im having trouble with the Red Sea PO4 test. My NO3 has dropped from 0.25 to 0.15 after using NOPOx. Ive been testing regularly for weeks initially with the cap on the test vials but more recently with them off as per Kev's advice. The result is always the same. The...
  15. G

Should I get an auto-top up??

Would also reduce swings in your salinity and other levels. Havent got one myself yet but a Tunze osmolator is next on my list.
  16. G

Bta id

Nope Ill try get a picture of the mouth and underbase. The mouth is white and the underbase is a light brown color. BTW in trying to ID this I just stumbled across this site which looks pretty good. Sea anemones: Actiniaria.com
  17. G

Bta id

Hi, Anyone know what sort of BTA this is? Its got a sort of a green tinge to it and it has white specks all over it. Looks alomost like someone has flicked white paint all over it. I've been told that they split every three or 4 months but I only got it recently so cant confirm that.
  18. G

Our Members!

Hi, Is membership open to anyone? These are my three BTA's. In this photo the pink tip bta is recovering from a small tear to his foot and the rbta (new to the tank) is trying to escape his rock island. Im not really sure what to call the speckled one. Its got a sort of blue/green tentacles and...
  19. G

Replacing Filter Media

Hi, Just wondering if people have made changes to the standard filter media in their standard RSM250 sumps? Apart from adding new sumps etc. I was considering replacing one or both of the carbon packets for matrix bio media. Theres probably room for a third bag for carbon anyway. Another...
  20. G

Fine Polish Filter - RSM250

Hi, Does anyone actually use the fine polish filter part in the RSM250? Ive tried using mine a couple of hours at a time but it doesnt seem to do much over such a short period of time. If I leave it in for more than a few hours it slows the flow down so much that it drains the chamber...