Pumps for chiller

Gav

Hi,

Winters nearly over here so Im going to hook up a Hailea HC300A to my RSM 250 but Im not sure about the pump for it.

I want to put the pump in the same chamber as the secondary circulation pump but I dont know which ones will fit. Anyone else using the same chiller got any tips for me?

Is it possible to use both circulation pumps plus a pump for the chiller? Should I replace the secondary circulation pump with the chiller pump? Any suggestions as to what pump I should use?

Thanks in advance

jeaton250

I installed an Eheim Compact 3000 under the second circ pump. It did fit by removing the cover over the intake. My tank has only been going for a few days, but in reading other forums, I chose that pump because others had used it.

The Ehiem compacts will fit with the cover and prefilter. If you wanted to do that (I have for almost two years). Just a little tight getting it past the lip. The mag drive seven will fit as well(rotate the houseing 90 degrees). But I found that pump to have a significant humm to it.

RS recommends a second pump for the chiller. You can plumb the chiller pump straight back to the DT if you wanted. I did that for a while. Can't say that I really noticed a difference. the Circulation pump is only 20 watts or so. I guess it all adds up.

What flow rate were you looking for?

-JOHN