Fine Polish Filter - RSM250

Gav

Hi,

Does anyone actually use the fine polish filter part in the RSM250? Ive tried using mine a couple of hours at a time but it doesnt seem to do much over such a short period of time.

If I leave it in for more than a few hours it slows the flow down so much that it drains the chamber where the main circulation pump is. I then take it out and wash it before putting it back in but it seems to just pump the particulate matter back into the main tank when I pull it out.

Anyone else have the same problem or any tips for getting more out of it?

steved13

PREMIUM
I cut a piece of blue white floss to the right size and use it in the holder. I change it out every other day. It keeps it very clear. You can also pull it up about a 1/2" and allow some flow underneath to keep it from starving the pump.

reeferman

i only use mine right after a water change and only leave it in overnight.ive changed out the floss a couple of times since the stock floss with what Steve recomended.

oakleyx

I also replace my filter floss every other day. You can buy filter floss in bulk really cheap.

Usually for me only the bottom half of the filter floss gets dirty so the second day I just flip the floss and use the clean part in the bottom half. Hope the makes sense. Lol

The filter floss really makes a difference.

Dan