Search results

1. kenbut

ready to stock tank... any good online aussie sites to buy from?

No problem mate. I know what you mean about lack of LFS my nearest is Penrith- over the mountains abt a 5hr return trip. Put some photos up as you go.
  2. kenbut

ready to stock tank... any good online aussie sites to buy from?

G,day buddy, Great to have another aussie. AUSSIE AQUARIUM CORALS are good for corals. I use a store in Penrith called Salts Aquariums, they are very knowledgable and have a website, if you join there rewards program you get discounts and special offers. Paul Talbot at Majestic Aquariums is...
  3. kenbut

Red Sea Monster 2000L+ in-Wall System

Excellent , cool cool tank. I bet your so happy-now starts the fun bit!
  4. kenbut

Red Sea Monster 2000L+ in-Wall System

Juan Finally worked my way through all 96 pages, awesome thread-great documentation and pics. I too have tank envy and wish you all the best with the new one. Also any tips on how to play the wife, trying to talk her round to a larger tank-not going to well! ken
  5. kenbut

Don't forget the grandaddy of all reefs.

To all I would like to send my wishes to all residents of Queensland, as they struggle through the horrific time they are suffering at the moment. And as we enjoy are small reefs to bear some thought for the great barrier reef which has taken a massive pounding over the last few months. I...
  6. kenbut

Jasons Byron Bay Red Sea Max 250 Prodibio

G'day Jason. Welcome to the club. Ken
  7. kenbut

Lethals RSM 250

liking your work leigh! Them leathers are huge, i think you should back off on the steroids..
  8. kenbut

The little things that get forgotten

Did same for my hermits with shells off the reef. Word of caution though the hermits grew very quickly to fill the new shells.Ended up with monsters of the deep who took a liking for chewing up my corals. Needless to say they have gone to pastures new..
  9. kenbut

new member red sea max and questions

G'day from down under. Good luck with your 250. Enjoy Ken
  10. kenbut

Lethals RSM 250

Leigh Let me know how it goes, starting to get some of the dreaded myself. What site did you order from? Thinking of treating myself with the dollar being so strong.
  11. kenbut

Lethals RSM 250

12. kenbut

What would you do better/different?

I am also building a house. I finished one room so I could set up the tank-best thing I did, great escape from the grindstone. Ken
  13. kenbut

What would you do better/different?

Look forward to following your tank pics - and Bathurst in a few weeks cheers Greg Drivers were here yesterday, it gets chaotic in about a weeks time, then the madness begins.. R u coming over the pond for the race. Sorry for thread HighjacK!
  14. kenbut

Holy Cow. I'm new to the 250 set up. Lots of post here!

G'day Merlin Welcome. Enjoy!
  15. kenbut

Tunze osmolator in RSM250

Located mine in the chamber where the accessory pipework is, on the cable outlet side. Works well for me. Ken
  16. kenbut

Steved13's RSM 250

Re: I ordered an RSM 250 should be in Friday G'day from down under. I would change the heater over too, as mine failed. Apart from that just sit back and enjoy your tank as supplied. As you become more knowledgable you will be able to make decisions on what if anything you need to add, it...
  17. kenbut

Lethals RSM 250

Leigh let me know how you get on with Hanna Checker, have been toying with gettin one myself. By the way tank is looking good. Ken
  18. kenbut

Kevnvans 250 Adventure

+1 with regards to welcome and Eheim 2000. Another tank to sticky beak at-photo's of old tank
  19. kenbut

Brass Fitting-Bad Judgement call.

Update Did another 30% water change. Parameters all good-still waiting on copper test.So much for Overnight delivery. Fish still look fine, crabs and shrimp active. Turbanria, Sarcophyon and frogspawn appear to be recovering. Duncans, xenia and Fungia's not going well.
  20. kenbut

How often do you do water changes in your RSM?

Weekly Maintainance Mon Test Calcium, Magnesium, Alkalinity, PH Tues Test Ammonia, Nitrites, Nitrates, PH Fri Make RO Water -Store in Bins Sat Add salt to Bins, Mix and Heat overnight. Sun 10%; water change, clean Skimmer and sponge filters. Daily Empty Skimmer...