Tunze osmolator in RSM250

steved13

PREMIUM
For those who are running the osmolator, where did you locate the sensors? I would like to put them in the left corner where the sight window is...Is this a good idea?

kenbut

Located mine in the chamber where the accessory pipework is, on the cable outlet side. Works well for me.
Ken

undercoverRSM

Hi Steve

I just added mine to the right hand chamber a couple of days ago. It's a bit fiddly! I considered the left hand chamber but intend to keep the black sponge. I found it a struggle to get the sponge out to rinse it as it is, I don't think I have the patience to remove the ATO sensors each time! I'd be interested in seeing your setup if you go for it.

Regards

Mike
PS I upgraded my Tunze ATO to the magnet version ( from 2010 onwards they replaced the plastic 'rack' that holds the sensors) by buying just the magnet sensor holder - I'm not sure how easy it is to fit the old version.

imaccat

Steve,

I also have my sensors in the rh chamber for a couple of reasons, mainly because the water lever there is more representative of the actual water level, on the lh side it is influenced by the fine filter, if this clogs up the water level drops and you will be adding more water in when it isn't needed. The other reason is as Mike says, it would be a pain to move it everytime to clean the black sponge. There is also an advantage of it being in the rh if the fine filter does clog up badly, this causes the water level to rise in the rh chamber and sets off the overflow alarm on the tunze.

Good luck

steved13

PREMIUM
Oh yeah...The black sponge, that's why nobody puts it there, what a dope I am. It's just so wide open there it was inviting, not to mention the sight window would make it real easy to adjust and inspect. I'll go to the right side. I'm picking it up tommorrow.