Kevnvans 250 Adventure

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Paragon - good to see your first post in the RSM Club section! :) Start a tank thread for us?

clka

Welcome to RS, will look forward to seeing your tank get started, perhaps you could post a couple of pics of your 92 to keep us entertained :)

Re the weather, we are having a much cooler (yeah!) than normal August here in No. California. As far as winter goes, we can just drive an hour to be in the snowy mountains so I'm a happy camper, though do miss the glorious fall colors of the northeast (grew up in CT)

Cheryl

Kevnvan

Thanks again all for the warm welcome...Cheryl good idea on the pics, I will do so!! Also having grown up in NoCal I agree the weather there usually was perfect for me, I could head to Santa Cruz to surf in the morning and drive across to Tahoe to ski at night!

reeferman

hello and welcome!lots of great knowledge around here.ive added chiller and extra powerheads,but other than that,im basically stock.[lights,skimmer,pumps]

Kevnvan

Testing image (crosses fingers) This would be the trip home!

IMG_8035.jpg

Kevnvan

In the gym for build and storage till floors are done
IMG_8036.jpg

Starting to connect the dots
IMG_8040.jpg

Dots connected with only a few hiccups, the brass connectors for the doors were both broken and the instructions regarding adjusting the doors are non existent so that was fun, LOL
IMG_8044.jpg

Heavy SOB, but pretty
IMG_8045.jpg

IMG_8046.jpg

IMG_8047.jpg

IMG_8048.jpg

Hopefully the floors will be done soon so I can start this adventure! Old tank pics coming soon!

Kevnvan

Picked this up today, talk about lucking into a steal of a deal! Looking for suggestions for a pump please.

utf-8BSU1HMDAwMjktMjAxMDA4MTYtMjE0Ni5qcGc-1.jpg

lethal

Has been struck by the ban stick
Just catching up on your thread Kevin so here is a belated "Welcome". You've made a great choice with this tank. With regards to the chiller pump, I am running an internal Eheim 2000. You probably need to see what your chiller requires and go from there. More experienced people will probably jump in.

kenbut

Just catching up on your thread Kevin so here is a belated "Welcome". You've made a great choice with this tank. With regards to the chiller pump, I am running an internal Eheim 2000. You probably need to see what your chiller requires and go from there. More experienced people will probably jump in.

+1 with regards to welcome and Eheim 2000.
Another tank to sticky beak at-photo's of old tank

Kevnvan

So I meant to ask when i was setting up the tank but I noticed on pump 1 that the hose wasnt long enough for the pump to sit on the bottom, is this meant to be? Should this be changed? Also I was informed that the pump i used with the chiller shouldnt be to strong as to not give the chiller appropriate time to chill the water, so is in the 500gph range good, to much/little? Thank you in advance

imaccat

Kevnvan,

I think the hose length is by design so that any debris that settles on the bottom of the chamber doesn't get sucked into the DT, which would happen if the pump was sitting on the bottom. Just make sure that you syphon the debris off the bottom when doing a water change.

Kevnvan

Going to suck up some space with some pics of the 92 now, enjoy!

FTS
IMG_2716.jpg

Sand Dollar
IMG_2702.jpg

IMG_2705.jpg

1 of my RBTA's
RBTA.jpg

Orange Lettuce sponge and GSP
IMG_2708.jpg

Anthias
IMG_2728.jpg

Some Fraggle Rocks
Picture001.jpg

Zoas
IMG_2752.jpg

The obligatory clown in a nem shot, LOL
Picture033.jpg

And last a shot I took thru a pint glass, turned out pretty good so i kept it?!
Picture009.jpg